1000 days!

Options
Swats915
Swats915 Posts: 27 Member
Today marks my 1000 day of diary logging on mfp.
t9pfx10bo72j.jpg

See!!

In honor of this I have decided to do something I have never done in my 1000 days. Post a before and current pic and share a few things I've learned along the way.

I've learned:
1. All calories are NOT created equal.
2. Junk food is just that...Junk.
3. A plant based diet has given me more energy than I had as a kid. It also allows me to recover from a workout faster, eliminate ALL stomach issues, removes those heavy meal bloated feelings, and just feel good. All the time.
4. I have an intolerance to gluten and dairy. Like most people, I never thought of my "symptoms" as anything other than normal. Most people have this intolerance but without removing it from their diet they never find out.
5. Don't let an injury take away what you enjoy doing. It gets very frustrating, I know. Don't let it stop you. Take the time to heal correctly, do the rehab, build your strength and then build painfully slow. It will be a long road but don't let anyone tell you that you can't do it. You can do anything you choose to do.
6. Some days will always be harder than others. That's life. Go with it. Enjoy it. Don't blame yourself for it.
7. Everyday is a new day and a new chance to be the best person you can be. Don't spend the week waiting for the weekend to happen. There's a big world out there. Be a part of it.

v7z4w5a6o0je.jpg
Before.

c2cddfzyn6p7.jpg
Today

Replies

• kamack1215
    kamack1215 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Your first point about that all calories are created equally makes such a great point! I am on a 114 day streak and am seeing this everyday.

You look wonderful and I hope one day I will reach 1000!
  • OBXgirl130
    OBXgirl130 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Amazing inspiration! Thank you for sharing!
  • bulk_n_cut
    bulk_n_cut Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    congrats OP. your hard work sure is paying off =]
  • hollyberry6182
    hollyberry6182 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    You are looking fabulous! Thanks for getting to 1000 days and sharing your success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!