scared to eat to much help

Options
I have just got done with my food diary for the day. it told me I am not geting all the calories I need but I am scared to go over for fear of weight gain and plus I am on the shot and the doc told me to be careful and try not to gain weight because the shot cold make me gain weight what should I do

Replies

• modelgirl
    Options
    I have just got done with my food diary for the day. it told me I am not geting all the calories I need but I am scared to go over for fear of weight gain and plus I am on the shot and the doc told me to be careful and try not to gain weight because the shot cold make me gain weight what should I do
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    how much is the website telling you to eat? how much of that have you had? try to eat at least 1200 calories a day. also, if you're just starting out on your journey, it's best not to go too low in calories because as you lose weight, your body needs less calories in order to maintain that loss. if you start off by eating too low, then you won't have any room to play with your calories.

I would suggest eating what the website suggests for a week. Then, take your weight in the morning before eating after going to the bathroom. If you have gained or maintained weight, reduce the calories by 200 or try exercising more.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    When I first started I felt like I was eating way to much too (I was used to about 800 calories a day with 2,000+ binge days every once in a while) If you're not eating enough your body will go into starvation mode and hold on to everything you put in. I agree with following what it recommends for a week and seeing if there is a difference!
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    I have a friend that eats one meal a day. It's dinner. And it is at 9pm. She keeps gaining and doesn't understand it. Her meal has anywhere between 500-800 calories in it. So she isn't eating enough calories.

You have to eat through out the day to keep your metabolism running. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and low calorie snacks in between. yes, if you eat too much without working out you will gain wait. If you eat too little your body will go into starvation mode and store it.