scale not budging....help!!!

Options

Hi everyone... Was looking for a group like this... Anyway, I'm 42, 5'2". I eat healthy and workout moderately at least 4 days a week. But after I turned 40, pounds started creeping on...till then I was a lean 54-55 kg. Soon after I turned 40, I became 58 kg, in spite of maintaining my eating and exercise habits. To make things worse, I had keyhole knee surgery in December. After the bedredrest, I went up to 62 kg. I've restarted exercise (even to a greater intensity than before and am eating even healthier, with more amounts of protein) 2 months back. But the weight isn't budging. I've managed to lose 1.5 kg, but that's it...whatever I do it seems to be stuck there. What am i doing wrong??? Very depressed...please help me out here :'(

Replies

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Do you even log your food?

That's the first issue I see and a big one.

You haven't logged in on 35 months?
  • gjz123
    gjz123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello! Can't be of much help, I have recently started as well. I do know that you should just keep doing what you are doing...eating well, logging food and exercise, and keep exercising. You've started and that's half the battle! Try to find the positive aspects of what you are doing and focus on that, rather than just the number on the scale. It's bound to work! You can do this.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Are you
    Hi everyone... Was looking for a group like this... Anyway, I'm 42, 5'2". I eat healthy and workout moderately at least 4 days a week. But after I turned 40, pounds started creeping on...till then I was a lean 54-55 kg. Soon after I turned 40, I became 58 kg, in spite of maintaining my eating and exercise habits. To make things worse, I had keyhole knee surgery in December. After the bedredrest, I went up to 62 kg. I've restarted exercise (even to a greater intensity than before and am eating even healthier, with more amounts of protein) 2 months back. But the weight isn't budging. I've managed to lose 1.5 kg, but that's it...whatever I do it seems to be stuck there. What am i doing wrong??? Very depressed...please help me out here :'(

Have you established a calorie goal and are you logging your food?
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

If you are logging your food, are you logging it accurately? Weighing food?

Are you eating back all or part or none of your exercise burned calories? Is the burn accurate?

• missxlela
    missxlela Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Keeping salt intake under the recommended 2,300 mg did the trick for me, water weight builds when you eat too much salt & it's very easy to do.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?
  • jeenakuttan
    jeenakuttan Posts: 5 Member
    Options

If you are logging your food, are you logging it accurately? Weighing food?

Are you eating back all or part or none of your exercise burned calories? Is the burn accurate?

Actually I had downloaded myfitnesspal 2 years ago... But didn't use it much..now I started logging regularly about 6 months back
  • jeenakuttan
    jeenakuttan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Can you open your diary?

Sure, I'll open my diary