Loosing 10 pounds in 2 months?

Options
Floweryoo
Floweryoo Posts: 1
edited April 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
is it possible to loose 10 pounds in 2 months? And if so, how?

Replies

• lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Eat at a sensible deficit and exercise.
  • JLopez832
    JLopez832 Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Floweryoo wrote: »

cutting plan .. usually involves cutting carbs red meats and dairy out of your diet and plenty doing of cardio and drinking water if you do that fro 2 months you will lose 10 pounds for sure
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much you have to lose.
  • tattooedmomma93b
    tattooedmomma93b Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I lost 12 pounds in my first 2 weeks...10 pounds in 2 months is totally possible. If you drink lots of soda, cut it out and drink water, that'll shed a lot quickly...also eat smarter and portion control! You can do it!
  • RichyMant
    RichyMant Posts: 6 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I have just done it. (But it depends on your starting BF, I've gone from about 25% to 15%)

Eat 500 calories per day less than you need.
    1g of Protein per 1lb of starting weight.
    1/3g (a third of a gram) of Fat per 1lb of starting weight.
    The app will work out your carbs to take you up to your carb requirement for your calories.
    Average across at least four meals (I had an early lunch and a late lunch)
    Exercise 3 times a week.
    Drink lots of water.
    Be strict.
    Be very strict.
    Consistency and not exceeding your calories/macros is key.
    Oh and be strict.

Good luck.
  • lisafrancis888
    lisafrancis888 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've lost 5lbs in my first month and hopefully will lose about the same in the next. I will have then reached my target. So I think it's doable. I have been strict with my calories. I have exercised 4-5 times a week and eaten back most of them so I'm not starving myself in any way.
    Eaten lots of vegetables and salads and always now have a good breakfast. Usually porridge. I even usually have a little left over for ice cream in the evenings. I think the main thing for my diet is I have not eaten many processed meals.
    Good luck.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options

You might have a hard time with only 21 pounds to go. I would start looking into strength training to give you a more sculpted look along with your deficit. And don't put a time limit on it--you'll just make yourself crazy.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    I lost 12 pounds in my first 2 weeks...10 pounds in 2 months is totally possible. If you drink lots of soda, cut it out and drink water, that'll shed a lot quickly...also eat smarter and portion control! You can do it!

OP is more than halfway through her weight loss and this advice would not apply. Newbies always drop fast.
  • MrsWQLittle
    MrsWQLittle Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Completely possible!
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    JLopez832 wrote: »

cutting plan .. usually involves cutting carbs red meats and dairy out of your diet and plenty doing of cardio and drinking water if you do that fro 2 months you will lose 10 pounds for sure

Where does this come from? All she has to do is eat within a calorie deficit. Dairy, carbs, and red meat have nothing to do with weight loss if they are within her calorie limit.

I would say that it's doable based on her body size and how much left she has to lose. For people who are quite heavy, it's easy to lose more quickly, but as someone nears normal weight, the deficit is much smaller, so the loss is slower. It just took me almost 3 months to lose only 5 lbs., but I'm only around 120-125.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Definitely doable. Stick to healthy eating at a deficit, do a sensible amount of exercise and don't fall foul to anything too extreme just to lose quicker (pills/meal replacements etc). Safely and sustainably always wins long term.