Elliptical

Options
I've been using the elliptical 30-60 minutes 3 days a week and have seen zero results. Should I use a different machine?

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Are you counting your calories? Do you weigh everything you eat? How long have you been doing this? Losing weight is more about diet than exercise.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Define what you mean by "results" please.
    Increased fitness or something else?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    How long have you been using it 3 days? 3 years?
    How are you measuring burns, using mfp, machine hrm? How much are they?
    How hard are you working?
    Are you doing any resistance training?
    As pointed out above your diet and hitting calorific deficits is more influential.

For cardio to have a reasonable impact on weight loss, then it would require you to do a substantial amount.

• ali2407
    ali2407 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    defo look at the resistance - you need to be working your legs to power the machine rather than just your body weight and momentum doing it for you.
  • tthoma5201
    tthoma5201 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Are you increasing your resistance level? I am doing both elliptical and lifting weights and I am seeing great results.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Robbo_79 wrote: »
    As others said, you need the diet to go with the exercise if you want to see results, i.e. weight loss.

90% of a fit body is all about the diet. Plus you want to be working at 75% of your Max heart rate, this will give you the optimal 'fat burning' zone where any lower or higher will be more focused on anaerobic, i.e. stamina training.

How do you measure Max heart rate? And if I'm doing something aerobically how does it become anaerobic? Can you also explain what a 'fit body' is?