peanut butter

Options
waverly9876
waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
Hey everyone! I love peanut butter. I recently got Peter Pan whipped p.b with 1/3 less sugar. However it doesnt have as much protein. Only 6 g for two tablespoons. I only use 1, so thats only 3 g and 75 calories. Does anyone know of any good peanut butter with not alot of sugar, less calories and more protein. I know its hard to find all 3 and one that tastes good, but there must be one out there. Thanks!!

Replies

• Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I buy natural peanut butter... just peanuts and maybe salt. When I need a boost of protein I stir in a tablespoon of my whey protein powder.
  • mariahruby
    mariahruby Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    my best *guess* would be any sort of natural peanut butter. the ones that contain natural sugars, and do have protein in them. these are the kinds that you will end up having to stir around.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I suppose you could look into PB2. www.bellplantation.com has the info regarding it, but I'm sure you can find other sites that may offer cheaper prices if it's something that interests you.
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Skippy all natural peanut butter is only 1.5g of sugar, but about 90 calories per tbsp. Wegmans Organic peanut butter is 1g sugar and 100 calories per tbsp. I actually prefer the taste of the skippy pb though. Definately go all natural, much much better for you.
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    I use the Jiff reduced fat peanut butter and it taste the same as the original to me.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Smucker's Natural is my favorite, but it's not low in calories, unfortunately. 2 Tbsp = 200 calories
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    Skippy all natural peanut butter is only 1.5g of sugar, but about 90 calories per tbsp. Wegmans Organic peanut butter is 1g sugar and 100 calories per tbsp. I actually prefer the taste of the skippy pb though. Definately go all natural, much much better for you.

this is what I use. It's the only natural pb I've seen that you don't have to stir. It's delicious, but I also would like to try pb2
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options

I prefer the Skippy as well.
  • Sherry44
    Sherry44 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I like Naturally More Peanut butter from Wal-Mart...I also like grinding my own Almond Butter (very similar to PB and VERY yummy.) You can get it at any health food store near you (Sunflower, Sprouts, etc...)
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I suppose you could look into PB2. www.bellplantation.com has the info regarding it, but I'm sure you can find other sites that may offer cheaper prices if it's something that interests you.

I just received my oder of PB2 and can't wait to try it later!
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Yep, All Natural Skippy for me all the way!!! :)
  • hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I like Adam's peanut butter, but it's higher calories (but less sugar). At the local co-op you can actually make your own peanut butter with a grinder they have at the store- you might try that if it's an option for you!
  • hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I like Adam's peanut butter, but it's higher calories (but less sugar). At the local co-op you can actually make your own peanut butter with a grinder they have at the store- you might try that if it's an option for you!
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I prefer to grind my own almond butter at my local organic food store. However, when I am not able to do that, I love Naturally More. It's delish.
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Better N' Peanut Butter. I buy it at Whole Foods. 100 calories for 2 tablespoons, 2 grams fat.
  • joshiesdad
    joshiesdad Posts: 80
    Options
    Crazy Richards Chunky is the one I use.
  • 2ndHalf
    2ndHalf Posts: 15
    Options
    Used to eat Skippy All natural, however recently tried PB2...LOVE IT!!!! A fraction of the calories and fat(45calories per serving, 1.5gram of fat), 5 grams of protein as oppsed to 7, well worth it.
  • peteyTwang
    peteyTwang Posts: 250
    Options
    here in Canada i've found a jar of Kraft "unsweetened-unsalted" but hey you could just put peanuts in a blender
    http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Peanut-Butter
    note everything except the peanuts is designated optional (if desired)
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options

I get fresh-ground peanut butter @ my local grocery store - they also have the grinder for ALMOND butter - SO YUMMY! :)