Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hangry People of the World Unite!

This is for all my fellow hangry people. What is your craziest hangry moment? Or, what happens when you get hangry? I get irrationally angry at nothing in particular. I also find that I CANNOT control my mood when I am hangry, no matter how hard I try to reign it in. My husband claims that I have no filter when I'm hangry and I get really mean.... if he could hear half of what goes through my head when I'm in this state he would know that I have an extremely good filter. I thank my lucky stars quite often that we don't have thought bubbles above our heads.

I guess my moment was when we were shopping for houses and I got pretty hungry by the end of it. We decided to go out for dinner and apparently I was begin rather snippy. We ordered some appetizers and I had a couple bites when they arrived. My husband goes, wow! what a total 180 from just a minute ago!

I can't be the only one like this!

Replies

• kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    You aren't alone. I have a granola/protein bar in my purse at all times. I can't go more than 3 hrs without food and not get snippy. Personality is totally different when I'm hungry, cold, or tired.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    I have a fully stocked snack cabinet in my office at work. THAT is how dangerous I am when I'm hungry.
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    I get terrible hangry if I go too long without eating...sometimes if we get busy and don't get a lunch in, I'm downright dangerous. My husband can spot the warning signs and will gently ask if I want to stop and get a bite. If I don't pick up in his cues, he'll back away and throw snickers at me.

The worst example was on vacation one time, our travelling partners took a day trip somewhere and said they'd be back to meet us for supper. I had a bagel in the morning and then got busy so by late afternoon I hadn't eaten anything else. I didn't want to eat because we were going out for supper, so I tried to manage. Of course, my friends were late coming back, so it was a long wait. When they arrived and said they weren't hungry because they stopped to eat, you can imagine how that went down. Though it was quite a few years ago, I still feel a little bad for the waitress who didn't know what the difference was between a large lasagna cooked in a big dish and served as a slice or lasagna cooked in individual dishes for serving.
  • Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Haha! Yes! When we go to Disney the only time I'm not happy is when I get hungry. Sometimes I'm not even aware of it yet, but my husband can tell the difference.
  • belle_reve9
    belle_reve9 Posts: 1,099 Member
    I would describe how I get, but your description of yourself....that's me!
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Sorry... I am never hungry or hangry anymore.... My satisfaction level is simply incredible.
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    This is why I carry snacks with me everywhere. Sometimes it's not an issue, but it think around my TOTM it's much more likely.
  • Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    For me it seems to be worse on the days that I lift. I eat a lot and I eat throughout the day, so it's not like I'm going hours and hours without eating. I'm meeting my macros most days etc. I usually have snacks and things in my food purse aka lunch box that I carry with me everywhere lol
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    I was out east visiting my parents, and my 7 year old nephew and I went with them to buy a new car. We left @ lunchtime and 3 hours later they still had not done the deal. Nephew (who apparently also gets hangry) and I got in a fight in the waiting room. Like a screaming, hitting (him hitting, me screaming) fight. I was so embarrassed!! But we did get M&Ms after.