Really weird phenomenon...???

Options
So this is a really weird phenomenon that I'm finding with my weight loss. I seem to have synced with my wife's time of the month and almost like clockwork, I'll have a week a month that my weight loss stalls. Nothing else is changing in my routine. I eat the same, exercise the same, get the same amount of sleep, drink the same amount of water... Has anyone else experienced this or even heard of this happening to a guy???

wu9z1r77wb14.png

Replies

• JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    That is hilarious!
    Sorry no advice, but that has tickled me. :joy:
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Have I seen stalls on occasion? Yes

But I haven't checked to see if they sync with the Mrs.
  • melanieliving
    melanieliving Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    oh that's interesting...hmmm.....
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I would have no idea, but it's an interesting (and amusing) theory!

As if you lot don't suffer enough when it's our TOM....I mean, you don't suffer as much as us, but still :p
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Eating crap while she's popping in chocolate or salty stuff? Sharing chips on the couch?
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Eating crap while she's popping in chocolate or salty stuff? Sharing chips on the couch?

No eating crap or anything. I'm pretty strict about my diet.

JenniDaisy wrote: »
    That is hilarious!
    Sorry no advice, but that has tickled me. :joy:

This has amused us as well. The first couple months when it happened we thought maybe it was just a coincidence, but this is the third month in a row now. It's just weird.

I know that women who live in the same house will sync up, but I've never heard of it affecting men.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Awwww that's love right there. Sympathy weight loss stall. :lol:
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    I eat "crap" all the time. Doesn't cause weight loss stalls, nor does it have any significant effect on weight loss period.

Also stalls are normal. Weight loss isn't linear and many will experience days or weeks without losses. or even gains.
  • ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    It's romantic in a weird way
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    That's kind of hilarious and cute! Don't really have any input but there probably is some weird hormonal aspect to it or something... *shrugs* or it could be sympathy stalls :)
  • McCloud33
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    I eat "crap" all the time. Doesn't cause weight loss stalls, nor does it have any significant effect on weight loss period.

Also stalls are normal. Weight loss isn't linear and many will experience days or weeks without losses. or even gains.

you said period...lol

I know that weight loss isn't linear, but like I said I'm fairly strict with my diet and do a very moderate/low carb diet while cutting. I also weigh everyday so I know it's not just at fluke day or two.
    chubbard9 wrote: »
    That's kind of hilarious and cute! Don't really have any input but there probably is some weird hormonal aspect to it or something... *shrugs* or it could be sympathy stalls :)

It could be sympathy stalls, but she doesn't diet so...
  • jadezia
    jadezia Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ha - that's great. No idea why it might be happening, but I'm sure your wife has no problem with it. I've seen couples who lose weight together, but the man usually loses weight a little faster than his female counterpart, which sometimes irritates the wife a bit. This might be relieving some stress for her. :P

And congrats on the weight loss, by the way!
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    OP has couvade, and his Missus isn't even up the duff!

Husband sensitivity achievement UNLOCKED.
  • mrsaha
    mrsaha Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!
    I am guessing that your "activity" level is probably lower for that week and your CI and CO ratio is different leading to lower weight loss.
  • McCloud33
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    OP has couvade, and his Missus isn't even up the duff!

Husband sensitivity achievement UNLOCKED.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • McCloud33
    Options
    mrsaha wrote: »
    Congrats on your weight loss!
    I am guessing that your "activity" level is probably lower for that week and your CI and CO ratio is different leading to lower weight loss.

It has to be hormonal...activity levels don't vary by 5,000+ calories which would need to happen to create the CI/CO imbalance that you're talking about.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Well, you're not the only guy it's happened to...

Lady_Problems_by_fayefujiko.jpg
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    If she's cranky, it's probably keeping you on edge and that little boost of cortisol when not needed (like when in use under physical activity), could be causing it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »

Well, most of my girlfriends get bloated on TOM, as do I... Maybe sympathy stall in sense of temporary weight gain?

But also, great job on the WL!!!
  • McCloud33
    Options
    chubbard9 wrote: »
    McCloud33 wrote: »

Well, most of my girlfriends get bloated on TOM, as do I... Maybe sympathy stall in sense of temporary weight gain?

But also, great job on the WL!!!

yeah, I'm assuming it's just hormones leading to retention of water.