BEST DVD WORKOUTS-cardio & sculpting

Options
Soon due to moving I will be out of my gym work out classes that I love (cardio sculpt, toning) at least till I get situated and find a new gym to join. Anyway, if you could recommend dvds that focus on pumping blood AND toning (I have a treadmill and elliptical at home so cardio is no problem). I own shed and shred and abs J.Michaels, shed and shred is hard on my knees so can't do it often. Or if you can recommend any work out routine that address both cardio and strength, I would be grateful.

Replies

• jadezia
    jadezia Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Have you tried J Michaels's Beginner Shred? I haven't done her normal Shred yet, but I really like the Beginner. Its very low impact, and I can definitely see a difference in my arms. Not far enough in yet to see a difference in much else, but I checked out all the levels, and they all seem pretty low impact.
  • Songbird61377
    Songbird61377 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    No I haven't, but will. Thanks! I also own Billy banks Tae Boe
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender.com has a ton of free workout videos and you can search based on what you want. If you have some strength equipment (dumbbells, barbell, kettlebell, etc.) you can search for workouts that incorporate those. If not, you can search for bodyweight strength workouts. A lot of them alternate cardio with strength too. Check it out.
  • AnitaCRice
    AnitaCRice Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love T25. I've completed the whole program, including Gamma, and have sort of created my own program using my favorite workouts from all three phases. It's only 25 minutes a day! It's hard for me to commit much more time than that.
  • Songbird61377
    Options
    thanks Anita, but did you notice any difference (I'm assuming yes since you're sticking to it :)
  • Songbird61377
    Options
    thank you alpine1994! I most certainly will check this out, I used to do videos on demand too but they didn't circulate fast enough :)
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    have you tried zwow on zuzka light?
  • angielisa75
    angielisa75 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels No More trouble Zones for toning. For Cardio I love Insanity, It kicks my butt every time.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    alpine1994 wrote: »
    fitnessblender.com has a ton of free workout videos and you can search based on what you want. If you have some strength equipment (dumbbells, barbell, kettlebell, etc.) you can search for workouts that incorporate those. If not, you can search for bodyweight strength workouts. A lot of them alternate cardio with strength too. Check it out.
    I'll second the Fitness Blender site - good stuff, great variety. Handy search feature, awesome calendar that you can populate with your favorite workouts, makes it easy to plan out your workouts for a week or month at a time. And it's free. :smile: They do offer 4 and 8 week programs for a small fee, where all the workouts are planned out for you. It's good stuff, check it out.

I've been using them for over a year and have had great results.

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Look here: collagevideo.com/ - it's a great site because you can search for just the kind of workouts that you want, plus every video has clips to watch so you can really see what it's like. For toning, I really love Kelly Coffey-Meyer. She does a great job focusing on the lifting part and just doing enough cardio to keep your heart rate up. And her DVDs are spendy but they come with all of the segments premixed in different ways so you have a ton of options (ie one mix might be all of the dumbbell moves, one might be all of the cardio segments).
  • Songbird61377
    Options
    thank you all!
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    amysj303 wrote: »
    have you tried zwow on zuzka light?

I do Zuzka's kettlebell series and I Googled her ZCut cardio yesterday and it looks super intense. The woman loves burpees!

Right now for cardio tapes, I am doing Beginner Shred and will dive onto ZCut cardio as soon as I feel brave enough to take on the Burpess :smirk:
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I like Amy Dixon Breathless Body, Personal Training with Jackie, SWAT, Ballet Beautiful (I like the whole series) Jillian Michael's Last Chance Workout. I found them all on Amazon pretty cheap.