'Deliciously Ella' recipes

Options
Sammydc135
Sammydc135 Posts: 13 Member
Hi
,i've just brought ella's cookbook and some of the receipes do look amazing. Just wondered how people find them as she doesnt count calories but i obviously am as she views eating clean unprocessed foods means that its easier to stay at your natural weight.
Just wondered how people got on and any reccommends in which to try first

Replies

• xrachel2014
    xrachel2014 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have made the bena chilli, that was really good. Really quick to make and tasty. I also made the carrot cake which was pretty awful. I have a feeling the savory options are going to be better than the sweet ones. Maybe thats just me though, I do think if you going to have cake, have some realy cake but a smaller portions. The carrot cake was tough and hard (perhaps due to the buckwheat flour?) not very tasty at all and the "icing" with the banana and dates didn't taste nice at all. I think you just have to change your mind set and not see it as actual carrot cake. Thats what I tried to tell myself....before I threw the rest away!
    I've heard good things about the sweet potato brownies which I might try but I think the hummus and quinoa, curries etc look pretty good!

• C1aire80
    C1aire80 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I made the almond and chia energy bites today and they were lovely. I only made half the recipe and mine made 16 balls instead of 10 so must be smaller than hers. I put in all the ingredients in my diary but divided by sixteen to get the quantity of each ingredient in one bite. I have saved this as a meal so that I can quickly add it now every time I have one.
  • Misskittyfantastico
    Misskittyfantastico Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I was a bit dubious, but I'm finding the recipes quite good. I particularly like the vegetable based mains and salads. Not massively into the sweeter items. I have a slight concern that the recipes aren't as protein-y as I would like. I've made the creamy polenta with mushrooms and crispy kale. I used 200g polenta (cooked weight) and the whole thing worked out at about 350 calories, although only 11g protein. The butternut squash, avocado etc. salad was delicious and under 400 calories, but only 3g of protein in that by my estimation! In the future, I might try adding extra protein in with nuts or cheese. Both recipes tasted good, though!