Wii - great calorie burning games?!

Options
YESSS! We are getting a Wii!!!! What games are fun that get your blood pumping? I have played some of the Wii Fit games that come with the board. Any others out there I should try?

Replies

• TabbyLeAnn
    TabbyLeAnn Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wii Zumba :)
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    didn't even know that existed! Thanks!
  • jhoffman27
    jhoffman27 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Just Dance 2 I love it!
  • swycoff17
    swycoff17 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love Just Dance 2. It's so much fun and a good workout! :-)
  • tiffany0127
    tiffany0127 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I like Just Dance, Wii Zumba, and Gold's Gym Cardio Boxing. They are all super fun and get you burning lots of calories!
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Dance Dance Revolution is fun and I can do it in the privacy of my own home so nobody sees me flapping my arms like a chicken trying to stay on beat.
  • katekrise
    katekrise Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Just Dance 2...I'm actually going to be doing it in about 15 minutes lol.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    It'll all depend on how much of a burn you are wanting and how "in shape" you are. Here's the games I play, but I am in no way in shape at all!

Wii Sports (comes with the system): I do tennis, boxing, and then the training for both of those

Just Dance 2: I can't dance AT ALL, but I'm sweaty when I'm done (I do the Just Sweat option)

EA Sports Active 2: Just started this on Saturday, but so far I've been dripping from sweat when done
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Just Dance 2....and multiple people can play!!!! There is a sweat drop option, you can set a goal to do like 400 sweat drops in a week, and it will keep track of the week for you. Each song has a sweat drop rating of 1-3....so you can get a good 1 hour dance workout in without even knowing it! I was gonna get the Wii fit...but I spoke to a friend before I did, she said she never uses it, but uses the Just Dance everyday....

Love it <3 Gonna go do it right now!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    I like Just Dance, Wii Zumba, and Gold's Gym Cardio Boxing. They are all super fun and get you burning lots of calories!

I wanna try the Golds Gym Boxing!!!!!!!!! I box with the game that came with the machine and man it gets me a huffing and a puffing.....do you have the gloves too?????
  • tmwilkinson
    Options
    Biggest Loser Challenge is a great one! I just started about 2 weeks ago, but I am really enjoying it. It works you pretty good and it is an all over body workout. I am not in great shape either, but this one works for me!
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    I LOVE Just Dance 2...I'm actually going to be doing it in about 15 minutes lol.

ME TOO!
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Do you have to have the Wii board for any of these besides the Wii Fit or do you use the remotes and nunchucks?
  • Amers85
    Amers85 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have Wii Fit and while its fun I don't find it to be the best workout. I mean it gets my heart pumping but not intensely or anything. I do like Jillian Michael's Wii workouts games for the most part. They are a good mix of cardio and strength training with your own body weight. I don't think all of the JM games require the Wii Board but you can use it if you have it.
  • Vkoons3
    Vkoons3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Do you have to have the Wii board for any of these besides the Wii Fit or do you use the remotes and nunchucks?

For just dance you only need your remotes, biggest loser you can use just the remotes or both board and nunchucks, I also have outdoor challenge its a lot of fun and I am always sweating like crazy after that it comes with a mat and so does the dance revolution which is also a great workout! There are alot of fun wii games that burn some calories.