Cutting the fat.

Options
Sooner or later gonna have to figure out how to get my fat gram percentage down to fifteen or less a day.

Replies

• danomitex
    danomitex Posts: 21 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Why so low? Fats play an important role in many basic functions in the body.

What's your total caloric intake per day?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Grams OR percent?

Anyway, way too low unless you have a medical condition that demands extremely low fat intake, and your doctor or nutritionist should tell you how to do that.

Fat is good for you (unless, as above) and fat doesn't make you fat, excess calories make you fat.
  • cbradley903
    cbradley903 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I try to keep my fat percent to 15-20 percent of my daily intake. I did have a health scare while taking a medication for 4 months. Messed with my liver. Had some test and I used the idea they suggested for earring cleaner. I am a huge fan of avacodos now and have seen first had the great results of them cleansing the liver. That being said I was on my weight loss journey in December and am doing pretty good. Eat lots of fruits veggies And mainly eat fish chicken when using meats. I had started before finding MFP so I am at 38 lbs down. I would like to if my body says so to loose about 30 more. Not really worried about that. I work at a local exercise club so I am an exercise feen. And teach classes too. Yup bigger gals can be fit. Would love to learn more about healthy eating. I feel great and my doctor is in shock from my results in last test. Looking for some friends as well look me up.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Healthy eating has nothing to do with eating fat. There are important nutrients in fat and as others have said, fat doesn't make you fat. Excess calories make you fat.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Fat is good for you.
  • af_wife2004
    af_wife2004 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Why so low? I like to check my macros against this website http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/ It is almost identical to what my nutritionist recommended. I currently have my macros at 45% carbs/30% fat/25% protein and I'm consistently losing 1 lb per week. My next macro change will be 40% carbs/30% protein and I'll keep the fat at 30%.
  • vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Drops them carbs not fat ..
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Grams OR percent?

Anyway, way too low unless you have a medical condition that demands extremely low fat intake, and your doctor or nutritionist should tell you how to do that.

Fat is good for you (unless, as above) and fat doesn't make you fat, excess calories make you fat.
    This!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Eating fat doesn't make you fat.
  • nataliebordeauxx
    nataliebordeauxx Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering the same... why cut the fat? Fat plays such an important role in nutrition. Eating fat =\= getting fat.
  • pattywedge
    pattywedge Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have really enjoyed this conversation. You guys have helped me out a lot!