Finding it hard to stay within calories

Options
Ugh, I've been going over my calories almost every day for the past couple of days. I still go to the gym and work hard, but I feel like its not justified if I'm eating junk food.
Way too much cookies..

I was stressed out from my final exams and projects and my times were all screwed up (I was up until 3 am one night working on a project, but hadn't ate since 6 pm. And was so hungry, then had to get up at 6 am the next morning, ate breakfast and didn't eat again until 3:30 pm.. where I had a massive supper and alot of snacks and a bit of a binge session) But now my exams are over, and I should be able to get back into the swing of things.. except I can't!

I went to my Aunty's for a couple of days where she said I was anorexic, bulimic, diabetic and everything else in between. She keep making me eat and if I didn't she *****ed about my eating habits, how much water I drank, how much excersice I did etc.. She says I'm too young to worry about that right now. And said I drank way to much water that I must have a disorder. It was really hard to tune her out, and she annoyed me and stressed me out, so I ate.

And now I'm going home for the holidays, where I suspect my OTHER family members will greet me with the same sort of attitude, plus all that delicious holiday baking and food! My mom bought me a President's Choice Duelce de leche cheese cake for us to share! And she baked her famous peanut butter chocolate balls :sad: How can I resist those suckers!?
I will still excersize, but I can't seem to stop going over my calories. I'm going to gain weight if I don't do something about it soon.

How can I get motovated, ecpesically before the holidays? Any tips on how to avoid snacking on the holiday treats, or how to get my family to back off? I'm a stress eater, so if Im under stress I eat a lot more the usual. Going home for the holidays should be stress free unless I get alot of grief from my family, and then I tend to binge.

Replies

• Mimiche
    Options
    Ugh, I've been going over my calories almost every day for the past couple of days. I still go to the gym and work hard, but I feel like its not justified if I'm eating junk food.
    Way too much cookies..

I was stressed out from my final exams and projects and my times were all screwed up (I was up until 3 am one night working on a project, but hadn't ate since 6 pm. And was so hungry, then had to get up at 6 am the next morning, ate breakfast and didn't eat again until 3:30 pm.. where I had a massive supper and alot of snacks and a bit of a binge session) But now my exams are over, and I should be able to get back into the swing of things.. except I can't!

I went to my Aunty's for a couple of days where she said I was anorexic, bulimic, diabetic and everything else in between. She keep making me eat and if I didn't she *****ed about my eating habits, how much water I drank, how much excersice I did etc.. She says I'm too young to worry about that right now. And said I drank way to much water that I must have a disorder. It was really hard to tune her out, and she annoyed me and stressed me out, so I ate.

And now I'm going home for the holidays, where I suspect my OTHER family members will greet me with the same sort of attitude, plus all that delicious holiday baking and food! My mom bought me a President's Choice Duelce de leche cheese cake for us to share! And she baked her famous peanut butter chocolate balls :sad: How can I resist those suckers!?
    I will still excersize, but I can't seem to stop going over my calories. I'm going to gain weight if I don't do something about it soon.

How can I get motovated, ecpesically before the holidays? Any tips on how to avoid snacking on the holiday treats, or how to get my family to back off? I'm a stress eater, so if Im under stress I eat a lot more the usual. Going home for the holidays should be stress free unless I get alot of grief from my family, and then I tend to binge.
  • Bride092909
    Options
    This may help:

I find one person who understands and stick wiht them, ignore the others and don't kill ymself if I go a bit over during the holidays (try to do the mainatin weight calories if needed so although I don't lose any weight I don't gain any either)

Hope this helps, hang in there, it'll be over soon :happy:

98244.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Journal
  • cham1210
    Options
    Ditto. Know that I am struggling with the same thing!
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Stay strong! I looked at your picture and let me say, you are gorgeous!

If I ever got the "you're too young to worry about that," I'd fire back that I better make use of my youthful metabolism while I still had it.
  • mpdpratima
    mpdpratima Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Me too! I had a stressful day, ate too much. Came home and exercised for about an hour - burned almost 600 calories, still OVER. Yikes.
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have had so many christmas cookies in the last week. Good luck.
  • superkitty7
    Options
    I hear you!!! I keep losing and re-gaining the same stupid pound. Where is the willpower? :grumble:

109062.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Since this is the season of love and giving, love yourself through the tough times, and give yourself permission to enjoy the fact that your family is alive and cares about you.

Then tell them they really put the "Fun" in dysfunctional. :tongue:
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    On top of all being said (which I very much agree to), if you manage to put one cookie aside (for later :wink: ), this will give you the feeling you're in control. Find an excuse to take people out for a walk or to go dance to a party :wink: .

And since you've made it this far, how about you take this as a real holiday and enjoy your look and the way you feel. Just enjoy it. No thinking about the scale.

I congratulate you for sticking to exercising. These extra calories would have been harmful if they were on their own, but since you're burning many of them off, you might very much be on some sort of maintaining program :wink: .

And read cmriverside's post a couple of time a day :wink: . She's so very right! :flowerforyou:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Don't try to deny yourself everything. Make a conscious choice about what snacks you're going to eat and enjoy them. Don't worry about trying to lose weight, just try to maintain. Up your exercise a lttle to make up for all the goodies.

A few extra cookies and a piece of cheesecake isn't going to destroy all your hard work (that is unless you're eating the whole plate of cookies or an entire cheesecake by yourself :tongue: ) It's the season of sharing....so share all of those goodies and have less for yourself.

Take comfort in the fact that you're not alone. We're all going through it. Work is a mine field of cookies, candies and various snacks right now. You can't take a walk without running into some.