Movie snacks

Options
I'm headed to the movies this weekend and I need suggestions for low calorie/low fat snacks to sneak in. To me, movie popcorn is just as much a part of the experience as the movie itself, so I'm a little fixated on that and can't seem to think of anything. Suggestions?

Replies

• denali26
    denali26 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I would bring a 100 calorie pack of skinny pop popcorn.
  • keldoc1
    keldoc1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Home made popcorn with sweetner taste just as cood as movies x
  • Nuka_Gina
    Nuka_Gina Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    peanut butter popcorn balls are the best. A little sweet, a little salty, and sooo delish.

http://www.attunefoods.com/blog/2013/10/healthy-halloween-treats-easy-peanut-butter-popcorn-balls/

The calories depend on the ratio of stuff you put in them but mine are around 250 cals.

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Eat lighter the rest of the day and have the popcorn. Totally worth it.
  • cortsky
    cortsky Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I make my popcorn with coconut oil (or regular oil) and then add a little bit of melted Earth Balance Organic Spread. Top with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast and a tiny bit of salt
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    I bring fruit, crackers, liquorish and water...but I indulge in the popcorn from time to time..as the poster above said....its totally worth it.
  • cally3225
    cally3225 Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I do enjoy popcorn without butter, so a small popcorn is not a huge problem for me, it's so worth it! Or should I say, it's worth it calorie-wise but not money-wise! If I had a big purse I might bring some pre-portioned from home but I have no way to smuggle a healthy treat in.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I bring bite size pieces of carrots. Just as loud as popcorn. :grin: Any snack that you like (that doesn't have too strong a noticeable smell) and you can put in a pocket, or purse, go for it.
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I will usually go to the movies and order a junior popcorn with no butter. That way you still get your fix but it's not a lot.

OR, I went to Target and bought the Target brand Kettle Corn individual popcorn bags. The amount of popcorn in there was awesome, gave me the salty and the sweet and it was less than 200 calories for the whole bag. I could pop it before I go and put it in a ziplock bag in my purse. :smiley:
  • alicia5569
    alicia5569 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea Belle. One could get the kids pack which usually comes with smaller portion of popcorn than the actual small, a snack sized candy and drink which could be diet soda. Then you get your fix but kid sized portion.