spin sickness

Options
ruth1104
ruth1104 Posts: 40 Member
So I went to my first ever spin class today, and I knew it was going to be hard but I honestly felt like I was going to die! I thought I was getting on pretty well, then I started to feel really nauseous and although I kept going I couldn't follow and I really didn't get the best out of it. Should I keep going? What causes feeling sick from exercise? I had my breakfast about an hour before, muesli and melon but I thought that would be a long enough time? I don't want to keep going if I'm going to be like that every time but I can see it's a really good workout!!

Replies

• korgscrew
    korgscrew Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I normally find if i dont drink enough water before i feel sick. The PT at my gym said its the salt in your blood and if you dont drink enough water beofre you do high intesity training then the salt in you blood is greater than water content.

That whats she said anyways, seems to help if i drink a few glasses before i go to the gym.
  • Hernandezedw
    Hernandezedw Posts: 284
    Options
    Usually I only get that way if I work harder than my body wants to. Keep going to the class. If it's not better within the next couple of classes, you may want to try something else.
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    a build up of lactic acid can cause nausia, yes keep going but just ease back a little when you feel the burn in your legs, the more you do it the better you will feel!!! And it is such a great way to burn calories and build fitness!!
    NO PAIN, NO GAIN!!!
  • korgscrew
    korgscrew Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Usually I only get that way if I work harder than my body wants to. Keep going to the class. If it's not better within the next couple of classes, you may want to try something else.

Feels great after though :-)
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Also eating an hour before hand is fine (and great breakfast btw) but maybe swap the muesli on your spin days for some low fat yogurt as it is a faster digested carb than the muesli so it will be digested quicker before the workout but still give you the energy you need + some add protein from the yogurt, the fruit is fine! My body building coach told me this as Im an early riser I have my oats first thing 6 am and then at 8.30 I have my preworkout Fruit and Low fat greek yogurt, gym at 9.30...then after your workout have your muesli which will help to replenish your carb stores! I have weetbix Yummy!!!
  • ruth1104
    ruth1104 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ok I will try sticking with it!! Thanks for all the advice xx