Foods & tips for low carb diets!

Options
Hi everyone, I've recently cut my carbs pretty low and it's helped immensely for my summer cut! However, eating such few carbs is tough, especially when you love rice and oatmeal! Does any have some "go-to" foods/dressings/snacks that they use? Thanks for the feedback!

Replies

• kalamitykate83
    kalamitykate83 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Walden Farm do amazing sauces which are 0 carb, they do savoury and sweet ones! The Dr Zak's protein bread is good too, still has some carbs in it but is really high in protein too. I limit my carbs but still have sweet potato and brown rice, just not too much! And I still have porridge occasionally but again, not too much, and I add protein powder to it to up the protein content!
  • ajsimms2011
    Options
    Walden Farm do amazing sauces which are 0 carb, they do savoury and sweet ones! The Dr Zak's protein bread is good too, still has some carbs in it but is really high in protein too. I limit my carbs but still have sweet potato and brown rice, just not too much! And I still have porridge occasionally but again, not too much, and I add protein powder to it to up the protein content!

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Flax for porridge - depending on how finely ground it will end up somewhere between oatmeal and cream of wheat. Dressings, look at blue cheese, some types of ranch. Some people use cauliflower to make a rice substitute and swear by it.

My easiest to-go snacks are string cheese, babybels, and beef sticks or jerky. Cream cheese pancakes are good, and pretty versatile, just have to adjust what you add to them when you mix them up. If you make them more savory or neutral, they can be a flatbread/tortilla substitute. Leave them sweet, they make good pb&j (sugar free smuckers).
  • pixieloses
    Options
    On Amazon I get moon cheese. Its a pretty good crunchy snack. The cheddar one is the best. Also microwave pork rinds with butter, cinnamon, and sweetener. Sometimes I eat the Atkins bars but they stop ketosis. I also really like celery with home made mayo.