New to this :-)

Options
Just downloaded this app and it's done me a world of good this last week, I am looking to lose a stone fingers crossed

Replies

• Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    welcome to the party
  • bexw2015
    bexw2015 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks, have you been on here long??
  • bexw2015
    Options
    Thanks, have you been on here long??
  • waldo11690
    waldo11690 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It can definitely help you achieve your goals of you stick with it. It's helped me thus far.
  • bexw2015
    Options
    I've been really good this week it's worked so far I have lost 4 pound so far
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with the English measurements that have to do with stones, but I wanted to welcome you aboard MFP anyway. This app was a life-changer for me! I came aboard as a morbidly obese person and now I'm at a healthy weight and working hard to maintain it and drop just a couple more pounds in the process. I hope you are able to use it to help you become healthier and lighter, too!
  • sgfoster110
    sgfoster110 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have a few friends on MFP from the UK. Welcome to be a friend if you like. I have been on MFP for sometime now. It help me be accountable. I am in the maintaince mod now. Trying to stay in shape for some races this summer.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    This is my second incarnation. I've been here for a few years. Its a great place once you get past all the "diet" and "healthy" bits.
    If you do have any questions on that sort of stuff, ask away.
  • riveratania1
    riveratania1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi, I am also new!!!! great to meet you
  • bexw2015
    Options
    Nice to meet you all! Thanks for all the show of support, this has really helped me monitor the calories that I didn't even know I was eating!!! So handy to have on my phone
  • jazzandbill
    jazzandbill Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi. And welcome I have been here 15 days and so happy to have found this app. It was eye opening for me.
  • texasbrit83
    texasbrit83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weightloss, Im also a newbie, looking to loose 2 stone by summer to get back to my previous weight. Orginally from the UK but now live in Texas.
    What plan are you following?
  • dramos1961
    dramos1961 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Ensure protein powder w/ ice and strawberries. Bkfst & lunch and normal dinner
  • bexw2015
    Options
    Hi guys I'm sticking to 1200 calories a day need to drop a dress size by May 2nd, fingers crossed! I use to be a keen runner and loved the gym unfortunately I don't there now due to have 2 young children so childcare is a struggle! What plan are you doing and it is working??
  • waldo11690
    waldo11690 Posts: 51 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I follow IIFYM, which you may have heard of. If not, it stands for If It Fits Your Macros. Another name for it could be flexible dieting. Basically, you can eat what you want as long as whatever you eat fits into your macronutrient (protein, fats, & carbs) numerical targets.

It works for me for sure! I'm approaching 10 pounds lost, which isn't much as I'm on the lighter side for a guy my size anyway, but it beats the 2 to 3 I lost after so much time doing cardio and lifting weights in the gym. I wasn't tracking my calories before, which was the problem. I think I was eating at maintenance b/c I did put on some muscle though.

Anyway, using IIFYM, I eat around 1775 calories per day and follow a 40/40/20 split, meaning 40% of my calories is protein, 40% is carbs, and 20% is fat. I really like IIFYM b/c I eat pretty "cleanly" anyway, but I can eat frozen yogurt or some candy throughout the week as long as it fits my numbers. Thus, I don't find myself craving things a lot and risk eating everything in sight lol.

You can learn more about IIFYM here and calculate your TDEE as well: http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

But at the end of the day, whatever you decide to do, all that matters is calories in, calories out. Eat under what your body needs each day, and watch fat melt away. I hope this helps!
  • dramos1961
    dramos1961 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Bexw2015, go low carb! Low carb/low sugar and high protein. Your body will go rip and goodbye fat. If you can walk around a school track or get some type of cardio to get your metabolism going. GL
  • katewyo83
    Options
    Hi! I just joined as well a week ago. I like the accountability of tracking all your food. It is so easy to add in recipes as well. Nice to meet you!
  • blueriotgirl
    blueriotgirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome i just joined 2 weeks ago and have almost lost 3lbs! This app is so nice because you get the diet and motivational help from people you meet! Good luck on your journey if you need a friend you can add me. Good luck! :)
  • derm78
    derm78 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome I have just started back using mfp, but last year I lost a 1.5 stones in 3 months using it so it does work you just need to be committed and stick with it. Goodluck and Feel free to add me as a friend!!!!
  • KayleighGrace242
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me, and the main key is to stay with The mfp program(: good luck