Weight loss

Options
I have been using MFP for 25 days now and have only lost 2lbs. It feels like my clothes are fitting looser but I can't seem to shake the # on the scale. Could really use some support and advise on how to make that number drop!!

Replies

• Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Need a bit more information.....are you working out? Are you counting calories? Are you staying within your calorie limit(s)?
  • waldo11690
    waldo11690 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You could try reducing your calories a little, like by 100 or 200 and see how that goes after a while. Or, keep your calories where they're at and just exercise more.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Would you be willing to set your diary to public so that we can take a look? It really can help to have another set of eyes look it over.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Open that diary? If no diary then start there with proper logging.
  • tmahaffee
    tmahaffee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Public diary :o yikes!! I am keeping my calorie intake very strictly between 1200-1400 per day. Weigh 174 lbs with goal weight of 145-150.
  • tmahaffee
    Options
    Belle8312 wrote: »
    Need a bit more information.....are you working out? Are you counting calories? Are you staying within your calorie limit(s)?
    Yes walking/running 3 days week and logging. Also staying within 1200-1400 calorie range, even on cheat days!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    tmahaffee wrote: »
    Belle8312 wrote: »
    Yes walking/running 3 days week and logging. Also staying within 1200-1400 calorie range, even on cheat days!

Do you weigh everything that goes in da mouth tho?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Public diary :o yikes!! I am keeping my calorie intake very strictly between 1200-1400 per day. Weigh 174 lbs with goal weight of 145-150.

If you're not comfortable opening your diary, then the next things to check are how you're measuring your calories (eyeballing any portion sizes? using measuring cups? a food scale?). A food scale is going to give you the most accurate portion sizes, but anything is better than guesstimating.

Are you skipping anything in your log? Cooking oils, veggies, cheat days, condiments? Sometimes people forget to add or choose not to add the little things and they can really add up.

Are you eating back any of your extra, earned exercise calories? If so, how are you estimating your burn? Certain exercises tend to give estimates that are overinflated. You may need to back those down to just eating 50-75% of them.

Speaking of exercise, have you started a new routine lately? 25 days is still within the time frame to be seeing some increased water retention in those muscles if you've increased your activity lately, which can mask the fat loss happening in the background.
  • tmahaffee
    Options

If you're not comfortable opening your diary, then the next things to check are how you're measuring your calories (eyeballing any portion sizes? using measuring cups? a food scale?). A food scale is going to give you the most accurate portion sizes, but anything is better than guesstimating.

Are you skipping anything in your log? Cooking oils, veggies, cheat days, condiments? Sometimes people forget to add or choose not to add the little things and they can really add up.

Are you eating back any of your extra, earned exercise calories? If so, how are you estimating your burn? Certain exercises tend to give estimates that are overinflated. You may need to back those down to just eating 50-75% of them.

Speaking of exercise, have you started a new routine lately? 25 days is still within the time frame to be seeing some increased water retention in those muscles if you've increased your activity lately, which can mask the fat loss happening in the background.

Yes all of those things make sense! Will work on more accurate measurements. The majority of exercise is cardio with only 1 day strength training right now.