pregnant

Options
I am loving this app it's helped me alot in tracking my food and exersize.. my only problum is there's is no setting for being pregnant. I just wish there was a setting because maintaining my weight is kinda hard while pregnant . Any suggestions or comments to help with this? :)

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ask your doctor for advice on how much to increase intake when, log it as exercise or manually set your goal
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    If I remember correctly, it's no more calories during the first trimester, 200-300 additional calories during the second trimester, and around 400 calories the third trimester, but definitely check with your doctor.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    You aren't going to be able to maintain your weight while you're pregnant. Sorry, but that just isn't going to happen. You'll be retaining water, the volume of blood in your body is going to increase, placenta, amneiotic fluid...oh and a baby. Your best bet is to try not to gain a s#!t load of weight. You really don't need that many extra calories to support all the changes happening to your body. 500 calories is about it. You can either manually enter the additional calores or continue to log at your current rate but go over your "limit" by 200-500 calories (depending on your stage of pregnancy).

Good luck
  • eseeton
    eseeton Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I would manually adjust your calories according to what your doctor recommends. You should definately be eating more during the second and third trimesters, though. Also, during pregnancy you should not be "maintaining" per se, but you should be gaining a healthy amount of weight for your baby. The above poster's recommendations should about right, but as she says: check with your doctor.
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    If you were already at maintenance, then yes, you should plan on gaining weight during your pregnancy! Even obese pregnant women are expected to gain a moderate amount of weight. You can either manually adjust your goals (not just for calories, but also to adjust your protein and calcium) or you can change your weight goal setting from "maintain" to "gain 1/2 pound a week" or even "gain 1 pound a week."

Best wishes!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Google pregnancy calorie counter (or similar) and you can input your stats and it works out how many calories you should eat in each trimester.

My third baby is nearly 1 and I logged all through my pregnancy with her. I kept my calories the same (as in at a deficit) in my first trimester then gradually increased until I was close to maintenance for my third trimester. I was at a healthy weight when I got pregnant and I exercised until 38 weeks and still gained too much, so really you can't count on anything in pregnancy! Every woman's body handles it differently.
  • purplelilac123
    purplelilac123 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I used babyfit.com as a resource. You may find the additional support and advice from the community nice if anything.
  • jade_222
    jade_222 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm pregnant too right now, 6 weeks. I switched to maintenance but ate a bit under (not on purpose) and maintained weight. So then I calculated how many calories I ate while maintaining and switched to that (and it's still working). My plan is to maintain during the first trimester and then gain 1 pound per week in the second and third triemester, at this point I will change my goal to reflect this ( I will probably try 1/2 pound a week for one or two weeks first and add calories until I'm at a pound a week). I spoke with my doctor about this and she agreed. It's still good to talk with your doctor though because we probably have different histories that may change the recommendation.

I gained 55 pounds with my first and finally lost the weight one week before I found out I was pregnant with my second so I'm really hoping to gain less this time so the weight loss will hopefully be quicker and easier (although I imagine it will be more difficult with two little ones to look after).
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    jade_222 wrote: »
    I'm pregnant too right now, 6 weeks. I switched to maintenance but ate a bit under (not on purpose) and maintained weight. So then I calculated how many calories I ate while maintaining and switched to that (and it's still working). My plan is to maintain during the first trimester and then gain 1 pound per week in the second and third triemester, at this point I will change my goal to reflect this ( I will probably try 1/2 pound a week for one or two weeks first and add calories until I'm at a pound a week). I spoke with my doctor about this and she agreed. It's still good to talk with your doctor though because we probably have different histories that may change the recommendation.

I gained 55 pounds with my first and finally lost the weight one week before I found out I was pregnant with my second so I'm really hoping to gain less this time so the weight loss will hopefully be quicker and easier (although I imagine it will be more difficult with two little ones to look after).

You'll definitely be busier :). I have three now...5, 3 and 11 months...and I rarely sit still. I am 37 though so I think it's taking a bit longer to lose.

I'm in England and we see a midwife while pregnant and they don't give advice about eating. Obviously they tell you what to avoid, and not to stuff your face, but there's no calorie recommendation. The advice on exercise is to carry on doing what you have been already.
  • awall137
    awall137 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for all the wishes guys! My Obgyn said I should only gain 5-10 lbs my whole pregnacy I'm nw 32 weeks and have only gained 7 so I'm on a good track:) but still I work out everyday which helps I feel but I just feel like it's still not enough food so thank you for everyone's advice :)