Bathroom problems (warning TMI)

Options
I need help!
im stuck in a constipation episode and I really need to know what foods or supplements can help me become regular again!. my last decent poop was Friday March 27th. That Saturday me and my boyfriend went out drinking at got super drunk. my stomach has not been right since! I've been having abdominal cramps, gas, bloating and constipation. I have managed to have a couple bowel movements but not without intense straining and concentration. Ive tried olive oil, warm lemon water, fruits, vegetables, exercise and nothing seems to be helping the constipation or soothing my stomach. no insurance so no doctor. please help my get my stomach back on the right track.

Replies

• cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    thousands of similar threads.
    just do a forum search.
    go see doctor or pharmacist as a priority tho.
    problems are too individual to expect internet ju- ju to work for you.
  • MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I have had issues like that for many, many years and just recently discovered "Smooth Move" Tea and it is amazing! It's gentle but very very effective and safe. Good luck!
  • melanieliving
    melanieliving Posts: 69 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Fiber and water, you probably aren't getting enough.
    You should however see a doctor if this persists? Do you have a free clinic or a free phone line you can call for advice! I'm Canadian so i'm not sure what you have available where you are...
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I have never seen a case of constipation that couldn't be cured by drinking 8 ounces of so of prune juice. If you want to go this will almost positivly get you there. Then you need to get back on a healthy diet including plenty of fiber and water. If this doesn't work I would find a way to see a doctor.......
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I have had issues like that for many, many years and just recently discovered "Smooth Move" Tea and it is amazing! It's gentle but very very effective and safe. Good luck!

It's senna. A stimulant laxative. Just adding that in.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    When asking for advice it would help if you make your diary public.

Without any knowledge of your diet, I suggest Metamucil or generic equivalent and adequate water.
  • geotrice
    geotrice Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    FIBER FIBER FIBER.
    WATER WATER WATER.

Raspberries, corn, beans, edamame, pears, prunes, broccoli, almonds, barley. There's other natural foods that are high in fiber if you're looking.
    A tasty multi-bean soup should help and it's inexpensive and easy to make.
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Just went through the same thing -- had to use a fleets enema. NOT a fun proposition, especially as I had to have my DH administer--the things we do... Did work though. After that, try lots of fiber, water & fats -- also, consider a prophylactic laxative for a week or so -- stool softener or Miralax
  • kpeterson00
    kpeterson00 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    cmcalixte wrote: »
    I need help!
    im stuck in a constipation episode and I really need to know what foods or supplements can help me become regular again!. my last decent poop was Friday March 27th. That Saturday me and my boyfriend went out drinking at got super drunk. my stomach has not been right since! I've been having abdominal cramps, gas, bloating and constipation. I have managed to have a couple bowel movements but not without intense straining and concentration. Ive tried olive oil, warm lemon water, fruits, vegetables, exercise and nothing seems to be helping the constipation or soothing my stomach. no insurance so no doctor. please help my get my stomach back on the right track.

There is a tea that is called "Smooth Move" this helps me everytime I have a constipation problem.
  • cmcalixte
    cmcalixte Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the advice. Earlier I had a chick fil a sandwich and immediately had to go after..a natural strong urge with no straining. Stomach is also feeling better and Quality was half solid half liquid. Things may be looking up. Still will get some prune juice tonight and hopefully will not have to go as far as a fleets enema lol. Does not sound fun.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    High quality probiotics keep everything lovely. They are a gamechanger!
  • pasandoval
    pasandoval Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Haha. One again proving that fast food in this country is just an indigestible laxative--that'll get it out! A few doses of McDonald's big macs and you should be good as new! Glad you're feeling better.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I take soluble fiber once or twice a week. Tasteless powder, just stir a couple tsp into my coffee. If I'm desperate, I take a couple tbsp. of Epsom salt, dissolved in water. Beware: It tastes like death, and it REALLY works.
  • lastspen
    lastspen Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I generally try to eat a few prunes a day to help, sometimes I'll use a laxative or herbal supplement but I find that they give me painful gas. I didn't like Smooth Move because my move wasn't very smooth (lol) and I had painful gas. But I did purchase some Yogi tea that is a laxative and I hope that it works better than the Smooth Move did.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you had enough alcohol in your system to kill off the beneficial flora in your gut thus the problems you are having. Try taking a good quality probiotic as well as pharmaceutical grade fish oil and your plumbing should stay right on track.
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Start tracking your fiber intake in your food diary. Try to shoot for 15-25g/day of fiber.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    This one sounds serious but not uncommon. 7 days and no bowel movement = doctor visit.

Otherwise google this and research your symptoms and what changes you have done since you were "regular" and for heavans sake do not load up on fiber... at this point it going to make things worse... and I hope to god you do not have an impaction..

There are thousands of comments in the google searches about the 1000 things you can try if they apply to your situation... personally (do not do this) I would have chugged down liquid lax by now by the liters... or a couple of fleet.
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Make bulking up your intestinal flora a priority...yogurt, kombucha, water kefir, raw fermented veggies, etc. Get some GT's Kombucha with chia seeds...that'll get things going :blush:
  • mikeyrs
    mikeyrs Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Take Magnesium, about 400 to 500 mg a day and you'll never have that problem again. You'll feel more energetic and you'll lose weight too. BTW, Calcium supplements cause constipation and Magnesium cures that constipation. Taking both in some ideal proportion (different for different people, so experiment), you can achieve equilibrium. Both Magnesium and Calcium are inexpensive and will help you lose weight, regulate blood pressure, regulate blood sugar, and just feel good overall.
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    There's a lovely cocktail we used to give at the hospital. warm up 1/2 cup coffee, 1/2 cup prune juice & 1 oz Milk of Magnesia.... Mmmm Mmmmm... or just down a bottle magnesium Citrate.. that'll make you poop a waterfall..... (of course, I am NOT giving medical advice on that one)....