2nd weigh in :(

Options
it's my 2nd weigh in tomorrow night, been doing this now for 2 weeks and loving it, especially when i lost 6lbs in the 1st week, i've been doing loads and loads of walking, eating sensibly etc, but there's one problem......i jumped on the scales last night for a sneaky peek and i haven't lost any since :( what's going on?

Replies

• hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I lost a little initially then went up 2 lbs. and lost nothing for 2 weeks. It's a shock to your system and sometimes it takes a little while for your body to realize what's going and relax enough to let go of some weight. Keep doing what you need to, eat healthfully and exercise and it will work. Be patient, it's a process not a destination...Good Luck to you~
  • angeljamin
    angeljamin Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. I lost 8 lbs in the first two weeks and in the third I gained 2 lbs. This last week I lost the 2 lbs and a little more, keeping my total for the month at 8 lbs. I was very discouraged, but I stuck with it, stepped up my exercise and started making healthier food choices, while staying under my calorie goals. I am also trying out the day 1 under, day 2 under and day 3 at or slightly over my calorie goal, so that my body doesn't go into starvation mode.

I feel like I'm back on track to weight loss, but probably not as much as in the first couple of weeks, as it was mostly water weight. 8 lbs in a month is great weight loss, and that is what I focus on. I also feel so much better, healthier, full of energy and in control and that is what my diet/weight loss is really about.

Good luck! You can do it! Stay focused on the big picture and you will continue to lose!
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself first thing in the morning. That tends to be when you at your lightest weight. Your weight will fluctuate through out the day because you are eating and such. Remember that you may not lose weight if you have built any muscle. This will help you in the long run because it will help you burn more calories. I would suggest getting a measuring tape and start measuring yourself. You may see a change there if you don't see a change on the scale.
  • Misskathryn00
    Misskathryn00 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i'll certainly be carrying on!! need to shift this weight!!! lol. just feel a pit piddled off about it, fingers crossed for next weeks weigh in!!
  • Misskathryn00
    Misskathryn00 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself first thing in the morning. That tends to be when you at your lightest weight. Your weight will fluctuate through out the day because you are eating and such. Remember that you may not lose weight if you have built any muscle. This will help you in the long run because it will help you burn more calories. I would suggest getting a measuring tape and start measuring yourself. You may see a change there if you don't see a change on the scale.

i've noticed a big change in the size of my jeans and i do feel a lot fitter, thank god for the puppy and all his walkies!!!!