Time for a change!!My Journey to lose 60lbs!!

Options
Enough is Enough time for a change I have reached my highest weight in years 248lbs So April 1,2015 I will be committed to a chance not just a diet but a life style change that will include eating healthy exercise,drinking water and being cautious of what I put in my body! Also no more alcohol for me I usually have a glass of wine after dinner No more unhealthy things for me.I am a mother of 3 sons 18,16,13 I lost their father 2 years ago to diabetes at the age of 44.I'm doing this for myself,my children and hopefully to inspire others to have a healthy change of lifestyle!

Replies

• logicalinks
    logicalinks Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Good for you for wanting to get healthy!!

A word of advice, however... be careful about changing so much at one time. If you do, this journey toward gaining and maintaining health might start to feel like nothing but day after day of deprivation.

Nothing wrong with one glass of wine if that makes you happy. Just work it into your calories. Weigh your food, log your calories, stay at your calorie goal, and you will lose weight.

You can do this!!
  • classynena24
    classynena24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!
  • determinedn513
    determinedn513 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you both!
  • doodlebug32
    doodlebug32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Changing your mind is essential to changing your body - looks like you've got step one in the bag! Good luck on your journey!
  • fitfat1975
    fitfat1975 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!!!
  • silkyb1
    silkyb1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You go this! One day at a time.
  • WSOX37
    WSOX37 Posts: 1,611 Member
    Options
    Go for it
  • katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You got this!
  • mrsluscomb
    mrsluscomb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! I had a wake up call when I stepped on the scale and weighed my heaviest ever too 202 lbs.. on March 30, 2015. I am back at tracking and walking. I need to be here and healthy for my family. My mom passed away to heath issues due to weigh... We can do this!!!! lets go. Good luck on your journey.
  • Looncove_Farm
    Looncove_Farm Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Cool. We have the same amount of weight to lose and I started today as well. Let me know how you do.
    Summer never looked so good.
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    The best part is, a whole new world of food! This has been my favourite part so far. Finding new recipes, preparing meals, having healthy snack options I never considered before! My top tip is, do not keep your 'trigger foods' in the house, lay off bread and pasta, drink heaps of water and absolutely no soda. Good luck! You are setting a fine example for your sons, and it is honourable that you are remembering their father in such a positive way!
  • rehanakarim
    Options
    Go for it, dont look back.. I have 42lbs to lose, already lost 24lbs so far, hard work, dedication, and a treat to keep u sane, here and there.
  • determinedn513
    Options
    Thank you @ rehanakarim
  • determinedn513
    Options
    Thank you all for your support as of today I'm down 11lbs yay!! Just by changing the way I eat the weight is just coming off fast! Starting weight 248 CW 237 :)
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Great job! Be prepared that the loss will slow down a bit after the initial start - and keep plugging along! :)
  • melhughes903
    melhughes903 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Would love to add you as a friend!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!