Do YOU eat the exercise calories??

Options

Replies

• DanceYogaRun
    DanceYogaRun Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    YES! I workout so I am able to eat a bit more. Otherwise, I'm starving on 1200 calorie days. I've been losing 3 lbs a week, but I think that's because I'm just starting.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat them back. If I do, I don't eat all of them back, maybe 1/2 on a bad day.
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    Some days I eat mine back, others half, and somedays I do not. The reason is I eat when I am hungry! I know one is suppose too eat all their calories back and that it is part of the program; but for me I am not going to force myself to eat more food when I am not hungry just to meet a calorie quota. The whole reason I am on here is to get help in eating healthier, lose weight, and help in maintaining a healthy life style. I feel so much healthier and energized since changing, so I am not going to stress over consuming X amount of calories. My philosophy is if your body is hungry feed it; if it is not do not eat! :)
    I say do what is best and healthiest for you.
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    I eat half of my exercise calories back ;)
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    working out and not feeding properly = wasting your workout
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    i eat AT LEAST half of them back, if not more. depends on the day. if im super hungry that day, i will eat them all. if im not, ill make sure to eat at the very least half of them. somedays im able to somedays im not. i was consistantly losing by doing that. however, ive been very off track for the majority of a week now and not doing so well on that end. but my advice is... eat as many of them as u can back.
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    like!
  • emiliabeth
    emiliabeth Posts: 40
    Options
    I eat them and love every flippin' calorie. I'm losing weight slowly, but consistently (about half a pound a week) and barely feel like I'm on a diet. I highly recommend it :)
  • jipper44
    jipper44 Posts: 111
    Options
    Heck yeah!!! Of course I'm going to eat back my workouts...yes, I will have that extra scoop of whole grain pasta, thank you :)
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't. I shy away from the "rules" and do what I feel is best for me. And I would encourage anybody else to do the same, as long as they are not starving themselves ........

I am with you!!! I am the same way!!! Find what works best for you; in the healthiest way possible!
  • farcry66
    farcry66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I do At least most of the time I do. Sometimes it seems that unless I eat chocolate I can't get enough calories, especialy on days where it wants me to eat 2500!!!! But those days are rare. Generally I like that if I excersize, I can eat more. I think that is a pretty good message for my body to get.
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options

You *cannot* out exercise bad eating habits :tongue:
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I eat them because I read the program here, and know that I'm given a deficit to help me lose weight regardless of whether I exercise or not. Exercising widens that deficit to levels that may not be sustainable and since I only want to lose the weight THIS time not this time and another I want to lose in a healthy way, so I eat back my exercise calories.

YES! and this is well stated! :blushing:

I always eat my calories back and I have been losing. Important to be very accurate too so none of these efforts are wasted :happy:
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Everyone has an opinion!!!! And really there is lots of information out there that you can read! You have to listen to your own body.

As I often work out at night it is very hard to eat back all the calories so I try to eat more during the day....As I have a pretty normal schedule I know what I can expect to burn....in the end I end up eatting about 1/2 of what I burn

That said, I always always put something into my mouth, hungry or not after I finish working out. something that has a good number of protein. I drink tons of water when I am done as well! You have to refuel! but learn your body....try to incorporate some extra food through the day if you are working out at night!

Some nights I burn 1000-1200 from my work outs so eatting that at 8pm at night is not going to happen! its all about balance....

that is my 2 cents!
  • BotsMomJ
    BotsMomJ Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I do! I'm always starving after I workout, so I eat!
  • theresa7576
    theresa7576 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    in defense of not eating them all back... you don't know for SURE how many calories you burned...... so I'm one ofthe people that feel that shouldn't eat every single one back.... half yes... alll.. I don't think so.
  • bex879165
    bex879165 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I've not been eating mine and have been working out everyday. This week i'm going to eat them and see what happens! I've lost weight regardless but very slowly so see if eating them helps me lose a bit more!! :-)
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I eat them because I read the program here, and know that I'm given a deficit to help me lose weight regardless of whether I exercise or not. Exercising widens that deficit to levels that may not be sustainable and since I only want to lose the weight THIS time not this time and another I want to lose in a healthy way, so I eat back my exercise calories.

THIS THIS THIS!!!!!!!!
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Always! I looooooove my exercise calories. =)
  • Furrytreats
    Furrytreats Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I do, maybe a 100 calorie cushion to account for me not measuring correctly or something. However, there are some days I know my appetite is going to be high so I exercise more so I can eat more. :happy: