weightloss stall/plateau?? trouble

Options
amunet07
amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
edited April 2015 in Motivation and Support
06jh8ozy4upi.png

I'm asking you all for help. My weigh loss has stopped. I was doing good losing slowly and then I went up a little and have stayed there. I don't know what to do; its been several weeks now. How can I get past this? (limited with exercise due to connective tissue disease (arthralgia) and recent sprained ankle)

Replies

• mhook760
    mhook760 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi hon, had you on my friends for a few months now and have been rooting for you!

Here's what I think - don't be afraid to reduce calories further, and tighten up calorie accuracy with a food scale if you haven't already

I aim for 1200 to 1300 cals per day, and I'm still losing under the magic number that most people go for of 2lb per week. I score about 1.6lb off the last two weeks and I'm expecting 1lb this week.

I suggest this because I'm MUCH heavier than you, two inches taller than you, and able to do more exercise, yet your calorie goal is set higher than mine - OK not by a lot, but my TDEE is higher because of my much higher weight and that little bit of height.

If I can lose just 1lb in a week with the weight and height I am on 1200 - 1300 cals, then I can see why someone shorter, lighter and more sedentary would just maintain weight - also you are so close to the next 10lb marker where mfp itself suggests you reduce cals by another 50/100 per day

I hope that makes sense and don't want to cause offense because you are awesome and I admire your dedication.

Try going lower carb and higher fat, with low GI carbs, that really helps to feel fuller. I know fewer cals is daunting, I was at first but have adjusted really well, swapping things like pasta for zoodles for example so I get a big plate of stuff for not many cals

Good luck
  • mhook760
    mhook760 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    oooh also - I find this forum of reddit to be very useful for low cal but filling ideas http://www.reddit.com/r/1200isplenty/
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    If you aren't losing weight, you are not eating fewer calories than you are burning. It is almost always that simple. Possible causes are your calorie goal is set too high, your calorie intake is higher than you think it is or your metabolism is slower than average. Your options are:
    1. Lower your calorie goal and see if you get better results over the next few weeks
    2. Assess your logging habits and be more diligent about logging everything, if necessary
    3. Use a food scale to weight your food if you aren't already

These are general ideas because I can't see your diary and don't know your personal circumstances.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    How long a period is that over? Several weeks is too general.

In any event its as simple as attacking the consumption aspect or the exercise.
    Consumption is what sue in az said. As you don't give access your diary its impossible to assess what you are doing, but the normal reason is that the basics arent being done correctly.

My other point would be to ask yoir Dr to refer you to a phsyio to see what exercise can be done eben with arthralgia. In most cases exercise can help reduce pain over time.
  • amunet07
    Options

I do measure everything I am able to with a scale etc., my dietician set me at 1400 but said I can go as low as 1350... which I might try to do

02wi40k7vgjv.png

My diary is open to friends... I'll see if I can change it to public. :)
  • amunet07
    Options
    whats weird is I was losing slowly but consistantly at 1500 and just recently lowered my limit to 1400 per dietician... I expected to start losing faster as I was losing at 1500 before I changed it.
  • amunet07
    Options
    bump^