Need support to lose weight!!

Options
Hi,My Name is Kathy.I'm 37 years old and I have been overweight my whole life.I'm ready to finally get on track and try to be the best I can be but have no support.I'm currently 264 lbs and have osteoarthritis and hypothyroidism but am healthy otherwise.I need help on how many calories,fat grams and carbs I should be eating.I'm considering yoga as my doctor says walking would be to hard on my knee.Are there any other good low impact exercises? I am considering gastric bypass but only as my last hope.I want to do this ony own.A
ny support you can offer is appreciated.

Thank You!!

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Have you entered all of your data into MFP? If you've done that, you'll have a daily calorie allowance and it also breaks down the macros for you - although you can custom set those if you want to. Start logging your food and see how you go.

Swimming is a great low-impact exercise.
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    If you are physically unable to do some walking, you may try swimming or the elliptical. Its far easier on the knees. In my opinion. MFP sets you up with a certain percentage in the macros you were asking about. But honestly if your just beginning my advice is worry about calories first then once you get in the hang of eating under your calorie count start reading up on proper nutrients. You can feel free to add me I have been at this for about a year and have lost 106 pounds to date!:)
  • cat_caffeine
    cat_caffeine Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm with Tubbs216 and jenjay, get your data into MFP and start with their recommended intake. Try it for a month and make adjustments if you're not seeing a loss. Track everything, even if it means you're over. You need to know where you're starting from to make improvements.