Gaining weight

Options
i had a cheat day Sunday and ate 2000 calories over my limit of 1200 , I feel like it has affected me so much I gained weight and am starting to feel really fat . I also think I could be eating too much healthy fat , is that possible even if I stay under my calorie goal ? I also upped my calorie intake from 1200 to 1300 , why am I gaining weight ugghhhhh!!!

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Glycogen replenishment from increased carbs, more sodium. It's temporary. You're not going to gain weight on 1200-1300 calories unless you defy the laws of physics. You would have to eat 3500 calories over what your body requires to maintain to gain a pound. I also wouldn't worry about your 'healthy fats'. On your current calorie intake, it's doubtful it would cause a problem.
  • Feeneym20
    Feeneym20 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Okay and do you think I'll return to losing weight soon ? Thanks so much for the help
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    often if i have a 'binge' day the scale will go up for acouple days. it's probably retained water, especially if i was drinking. it can take awhile to pass, usually a few days but it will if u go back to your regular calories right away.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    *if u go back to your regular healthy eating right away. just don't let it turn into like a week long thing!
  • Feeneym20
    Feeneym20 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much :)