Hello World!

NyonAndy
NyonAndy Posts: 2
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
:smile:

I just joined the group as I want to get serious about changing my habits and losing some weight. I just turned 40 on Friday, tip the scales at too heavy and have the type of job that makes eating in a restaurant a daily problem. Well, I have some time over Christmas to control my diet (in fact, the first trip isn't until the end of Jan) and so I thought I would give it a try and see where I am when I hit the road again.

Hello everyone!

Replies

• :smile:

I just joined the group as I want to get serious about changing my habits and losing some weight. I just turned 40 on Friday, tip the scales at too heavy and have the type of job that makes eating in a restaurant a daily problem. Well, I have some time over Christmas to control my diet (in fact, the first trip isn't until the end of Jan) and so I thought I would give it a try and see where I am when I hit the road again.

Hello everyone!

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:

I can't say it any better than that.

Welcome.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Kathy
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Hello! Welcome and best of luck to you!

I think you will find this site and the people on it to be extremely helpful to you on your journey towards a healthier lifestyle.

Over the last 15 months, I have lost 128 lbs. I didn't join MFP until Feb of this last year but I was essentially doing the same thing before, which is count calories, exercise, etc. I will say that joining in Feb and meeting the great people I have and getting the wonderful support has helped me to continue on.

You can do this!! I know because I did it!!!! LOL!!

Take care! :flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Happy Late Birthday and good luck! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.