Need advice... home weights.

Options
I am pretty much a beginner, but would like to add some weights to my home work out(as of right now I just walk, brief jogging). I know I need to work my upper body. Recommendations? Advice? Direction to somewhere I can learn? Thanks!

Replies

• kristiinarobinson
    kristiinarobinson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer.html
    There are a lot of weights that you wouldn't normally have at home but you can modify it to use what you have. Just search for versions of certain exercises with equipment you already have like resistance bands or hand weights. Hope this helps you.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I've had good luck finding dumbbells (up to 8 lb) and resistance bands at Marshall's. I know places like Walmart and Target have some as well. Also if you have a Play It Again Sports or other secondhand sporting goods store they are likely to have some.

Check out youtube for a lot of circuit-type workouts (ie strength and cardio mixed). Channels like Fitness Blender, Jessica Smith, etc will have videos that you can take a look at and maybe even add to your workouts. If you watch them first you should get an idea of what kind of equipment you'll want.