Picture or scale??

Options
Which do you find more motivating pictures of your progress or the number on the scale? Just curious to what everyone thinks...mine is pictures :smiley:

Replies

• Lgabrjolek
    Lgabrjolek Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Pants that used to fit, that are starting to fit again. Lol! Definately weigh-in days though, The scale keeps me in line.
  • cocobongo
    cocobongo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Pictures definitely! This is a "only" 9lb weight loss:

su8nvl7nwafu.jpg
    t6slzavihen7.jpg
    rarnep9y2gw4.jpg
  • larissa2719
    Options
    Wow that is amazing/awesome!!!
  • mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Pictures. Because I've become negatively obsessed with the scale. I get excited when I see I've lost some but if I check the next day & have gained even the slightest bit, it ruins my whole day. Stupid scale :smile:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Scale - haven't had results yet elsewhere
  • aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    cocobongo wrote: »
    Pictures definitely! This is a "only" 9lb weight loss:

su8nvl7nwafu.jpg
    t6slzavihen7.jpg
    rarnep9y2gw4.jpg

Did you lose this with exercise? thats a big difference
  • mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Scale - haven't had results yet elsewhere
    Same for me in the beginning. I had to lose about 20lbs before I could see a difference. During that time, watching the scale numbers go down was the only thing to keep me going.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Wow! That looks like so much more than 9lbs. Well done :)
    Personally i go by the scales, I don't see myself like everyone else does,. I don't trust my biased opinion when i look in the mirror.
  • Shanairah1991
    Shanairah1991 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I take measurements. The scale makes me sad because I'm constantly going up and down. Pictures don't do it for me anymore because I don't have a lot left to loose and my perception of myself is always negative. Measurements are fool proof. :)
  • andreamaym
    andreamaym Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Photos, or just how I look/feel. I think it depends on what type of a relationship you have with the scale. As others have said, sometimes fluctuations can be upsetting or discouraging. But some people aren't bothered by them :)
  • alexistexas33
    alexistexas33 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    9 weeks and my body still looks the same
    Step on the scale and I am 26 pounds less
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Pictures and measurements are always awesome.
    11.8 lbs difference
    6lm3axk93clv.jpg

2 inches off waist (smallest)
    3 inches off abdomen @ navel
    2 inches off hips
    1.25 inches off both thighs (so combined 2.5 inches)
    .5 off both calves (so combined 1 inch)
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Numbers (scale) and inches (tape measure)
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Can I add another option? Tape measure. I hate taking pictures of myself and I hate the scale.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    pictures mostly. I did use the scale when i first started but realized it wasnt as useful once i got down to the leanness i wanted. I still use the pictures to check on differences after a day or two of binging...
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    the scale keeps me motivated as long as it keeps going down lol! I weigh every day. I take pictures once a month so its kind of a bummer waiting until the next picture time.
  • runmama411
    runmama411 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I take measurements. The scale makes me sad because I'm constantly going up and down. Pictures don't do it for me anymore because I don't have a lot left to loose and my perception of myself is always negative. Measurements are fool proof. :)

Agreed! I use measurements and changes in my clothing.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Motivation wise, peddling up steep hills. Hauling extra fat up hills on a bike sucks.
  • cocobongo
    cocobongo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    aniqa109 wrote: »
    cocobongo wrote: »
    Pictures definitely! This is a "only" 9lb weight

Did you lose this with exercise? thats a big difference

I've been doing T25 and Yoga and eating at 1500 calories plus eating exercise cals back as and when I want to.

I actually weigh and measure once a week and take photos at certain points - beginning/end of phases of T25, beginning and end of challenge groups etc.

I used to be obsessed with the scale and lost a lot of "weight" a lot quicker than this but it's true what they say it was water weight and muscle mass most probably and didn't look like as a dramatic a loss as this so I'm convinced that my 9lb loss this time is mostly fat loss.

I personally love the tape measure, seeing it go steadily down has been my biggest motivation week to week but progress pics are so important. Believe it or not I didn't see much of a difference in myself until I put my before and afters side by side!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Scale is your only friend in the beginning until it continues to disappoint you week after week.

Use pictures, tape measure, calipers, scale... This is four references and one them has the truth! LOL