having trouble...

Options
Hey there i'm semi new to MFP and i seem to be having trouble staying on track to losing weight! I am a mother so my body has gone through pregnancy although that is no excuse to still being overweight a year later!! Some days i am seriously motivated other days im not motivated at all!!! It also doesn't help that my husband nags at me about my obesity! I am currently 187 lbs and would love to weight around 145.... HELP!! Any tips would be great!

Replies

• TLC83
    TLC83 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi, almost 22 months later and I'm still battling with the pregnancy weight. I find my main issue is the little ones left overs, 'will you have another piece if mummy has one' kind of thing but then end up eating all of it myself.

Have sent a friend request maybe we might be able to help each other a little
  • MMAsac
    MMAsac Posts: 191
    Options
    well the first step is asking for help, the second step is commiting. You need to hold yourself accountable. I think it would be good for you to talk to your husband and try to get him to help you, instead of making it harder on you.
  • mbw2586
    mbw2586 Posts: 88
    Options
    Not to sound judgemental, but maybe you could discuss with your husband that possibly part of the problem you're having staying on track is that you're being nagged about your "obesity." I know there are some people out there who could use that as motivation, but something like that would have the opposite effect for me. Encouragement and support can do wonders :) You could always find it here, though. The other day I really wanted to hit the vending machine at work and eat something terrible, but I got on here and read through some successes and it kept me away. Good luck!
  • losing4myself
    Options
    Self motivation is the biggest step in self success. Figure out what it is that motivates you most and go for it. You can even set a day where you will commit yourself for no less than a month on a "diet" of whichever you choose. Everyday tell yourself that it is only a month. After that month you can continue on doing the same, stop all together, or even step it up a notch. More than likely that month will pass and that will be your biggest motivation to step it up and get in gear. The whole month can be very simple too. Maybe it can be an entire month of walking atleast 30 min a day and eating 1500-1800 calories. Good luck to you! I hope you find your CONSTANT motivation :)
  • mierla
    mierla Posts: 25
    Options
    Rewards are key!!! And finding exercise you love doing :)
    I dont really enjoy exercising so I just think "hmm do I want to go on a run and eat the chocolate?" The answer is usually no
    i do enjoy weights and resistance, but I don't like running. I'll do x trainer, cycle or swim for cardio.
    But rewards are good. Think of something you really want, like a haircut or a top or something and write it all down. I want to look good in a bandeau bikini so thats my final reward... but nail polishes, tops and facials will get me there! It's such an incentive!
    And your husband should love you whatever, not comment on your weight!!! He should be helping you rather than commenting on you pfft
  • BluebellBaby
    Options
    Hello, and don't fret!

Everyone has trouble from time to time, and needs a bit of a kick up the *kitten*, but you will achieve your goals! Just drink water, reward yourself, and sweat your troubles away:laugh:

Good luck!

Added x
  • littlemissweaver
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!!