Hi protein/low carb desserss?

Options
Hi everyone! I am a picky eater and am trying to shed 10/15 lbs and am doing well so far. But, I am sick of eating pretty much the same thing. Can anyone recommend a high protein/low carb meal or dessert?
Thanks!!

Replies

• cleaver1
    cleaver1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    A chilli or a curry would be a good option for a meal - you can use a good protein source and pack it full of vegetables. The sauce can be made out of chopped tomatoes and spices. Cayenne pepper is a great spice to use as it also has been shown to have fat burning properties.

I also find that if you get some plain, reduced fat cottage cheese and using a hand blender, blend it with some berries (blueberries are my favourite) you end up with a low carb, high protein yoghurt type of desert. Just blend in some water if you find it is too thick. This can also be used as part of a healthy breakfast.

Hope this helps
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    The cottage cheese idea is great and if you want you can add sugar free pudding mix or jello.
  • jazzandbill
    jazzandbill Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I understand u and can relate. I am new been here 15 days and wanted to make a lifestyle change so started changing dinner for healthier ones and now working on snacks and lunch. Pinterest has good ideas. I like to bake chicken and veggies in a pan and all cooks at the same time pretty simple.
  • suelyn9
    suelyn9 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input!
  • tippie2015
    tippie2015 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The cottage cheese idea is great and if you want you can add sugar free pudding mix or jello.

I have never thought of doing this. Sounds yum :smile:

• tippie2015
    tippie2015 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Pu_239 wrote: »
    I had the same issue as you, go create a pinterest if you don't already have one. Once you have one type in keto/(low carb) recipes/desserts. You won't have a problem anymore.

This. I love pinterest!
  • dough21
    dough21 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Baked boneless, skinless Chicken tenders, wrapped in Bacon.
  • berz82
    berz82 Posts: 100 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    cleaver1 wrote: »
    A chilli or a curry would be a good option for a meal - you can use a good protein source and pack it full of vegetables. The sauce can be made out of chopped tomatoes and spices. Cayenne pepper is a great spice to use as it also has been shown to have fat burning properties.

I also find that if you get some plain, reduced fat cottage cheese and using a hand blender, blend it with some berries (blueberries are my favourite) you end up with a low carb, high protein yoghurt type of desert. Just blend in some water if you find it is too thick. This can also be used as part of a healthy breakfast.

Hope this helps

something like this? :)
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=WtsiRiFjBlw
  • cleaver1
    cleaver1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    berz82 wrote: »
    cleaver1 wrote: »

Hope this helps

something like this? :)
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=WtsiRiFjBlw

Yeah that's great! You could also add other vegetables to bulk it up slightly such as chopped bell peppers and onions.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I generally will eat a protein bar for dessert if I still haven't met my protein macro for the day. The lower calorie ones aren't too bad for carbs.

This morning for breakfast, I am eating 96g smoked salmon (23g protein/0 carbs) and 51g Kashi Go Lean! Cinnamon Crumble (11g protein/32g carb, but 9 are from fiber).