Wine Lovers Please read

Options
Hello,
My screen name is nomorewinencheese, mostly no more wine... My problem is I like to drink my wine and find myself having a glass or two on a few occassions... I think this has stopped me from really losing the weight I want to lose. Although I work out 4 times a week and eat pretty healthy it just seems I cant do it. So I have given up wine for now, and usually the cheese will go with it. After I lose a few pounds then maybe I can have a glass.

So you wine lovers out there how do you cope? Do you find wine makes you fat? Have any suggestions? How can I have my wine and lose weight to? Cake n Eat it....

Thanks Everyone...

Replies

• majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I manage to have a glass or two of wine with dinner a few times a week, and keep it within my daily goal--usually on days when I've burned a bunch of calories exercising.

And it shouldn't stop you from losing weight. I lost 35 pounds without giving up wine (or anything I like). Control your portions, exercise to give you more calories to play with, try to eat nutritiously, and the odd glass of wine isn't going to hurt.
  • FutureMrsEssman
    FutureMrsEssman Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I agree. I add in how much wine I am going to want to drink into my daily goals, so it allows me the ability to enjoy a losing weight and enjoy my spirits. I weigh a glass to see how many oz it is so I can incorporate those calories, and once i've run out I stop.
  • Jodiemg1980
    Jodiemg1980 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yup wine will halt my weight loss. Must add into daily calories only :) now i want wine!
  • HappyTrails7
    HappyTrails7 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    majope wrote: »
    I manage to have a glass or two of wine with dinner a few times a week, and keep it within my daily goal--usually on days when I've burned a bunch of calories exercising.

And it shouldn't stop you from losing weight. I lost 35 pounds without giving up wine (or anything I like). Control your portions, exercise to give you more calories to play with, try to eat nutritiously, and the odd glass of wine isn't going to hurt.

+1

I exercise more during the days I plan to drink wine. All work and no play...
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I allow myself to enjoy on about 2 evenings a week, sometimes 3 like this weekend with Easter. The other days I bank calories to stay in my goal range. So far, this has worked for me. I assume as I get closer to my goal, I may need to cut back even more. But I will cross that bridge when I get to it. For now, slow but steady loss AND enjoying life is my goal. B)
  • Sweetiepiestef
    Sweetiepiestef Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I love the wine too but it has to go for me :( I don't usually stop at 1-2. It is more like 3-4 :(
  • amandanm92
    Options
    Aww jeez! I love wine! I usually have two or three glasses a week though. Not much I think right? Never really thought about the amount of calories wine has.
  • SNOTMONKEY
    SNOTMONKEY Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't drink wine, just beer. I save a portion of my calories each day for a few cold ones. This seems to be working for me, I'm somehow losing weight.
  • anandac371
    Options
    Big wine drinker here! My cousin lost weight and has kept it off. At first she eliminated alcohol (she did advocare 24 day challenge) and after the 24 days has the occasional glass and doesn't Stress too much! She's managed to keep the weight off but she has also maintained very clean eating (Id say 85%clean 15%fun) and works out almost everyday! I'm limiting my wine intake to hopefully spark quicker results, but I'm already budgeting out this Friday (wine with the said cousin) and next Saturday (wedding!). Plan on working out hard friday, low carbs and lots of water
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My screen name is nomorewinencheese, mostly no more wine... My problem is I like to drink my wine and find myself having a glass or two on a few occassions... I think this has stopped me from really losing the weight I want to lose. Although I work out 4 times a week and eat pretty healthy it just seems I cant do it. So I have given up wine for now, and usually the cheese will go with it. After I lose a few pounds then maybe I can have a glass.

So you wine lovers out there how do you cope? Do you find wine makes you fat? Have any suggestions? How can I have my wine and lose weight to? Cake n Eat it....

Thanks Everyone...

A glass or two on a few occasions is NOT keeping you from losing weight. I mean generally speaking red wine is 125 calories for 5oz. That's 250 calories in 2 glasses. I've had some nights where I drink all 5 servings of wine in the bottle, and I've still lost 34 pounds. Unless of course your "few occasions" is actually every single night, and your "a glass or two" is more like the whole bottle and then some... and then that's a whole different matter.