Corset Training

Options
Ladies what are your thoughts? Does this work. I am so tired of products that don't work.

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    original.gif
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    What exactly are you expecting them to do exactly?

I've honestly never heard of "corset training."
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options

guessing it's to make the waist smaller. if this is a weight loss trick though I'm assuming it will just push the fat into slightly different areas of the torso.

Like chinese foot binding.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

guessing it's to make the waist smaller. if this is a weight loss trick though I'm assuming it will just push the fat into slightly different areas of the torso.

Like chinese foot binding.

I was wondering if that was it.

OP, I've heard wearing corsets for long periods of time can actually be dangerous. I haven't looked into it myself, but that might be something you want to consider as well.
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Waist training does make your waist smaller, but it's not for weight loss. I've seen multiple people's progress with them, and it does work. However, you need to be careful with them and still be dieting and exercising to lose the weight.
  • tgoetschius
    tgoetschius Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I feel like there isn't a magical "cure" for weight loss. Unfortunately, the only way that is going to get you results is to work for it. Corset training is really dangerous. In the long term, it ends up pushing all of your organs to your ribs which makes it more difficult for them to work the way that they are supposed to. Also, that can be quite problematic if you're planning on having children. Making a healthy lifestyle change is definitely the way to go! Plus, you have all the support you could ever dream of right here on MFP :smiley: Best of Luck.
  • runmama411
    runmama411 Posts: 162 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Corset training isn't about weight loss. Only a healthy diet and exercise will help with this goal. If there was a true quick fix, none of us would be here.

If you are interested in true waist training with lingerie, there are other threads on here and you can find articles online.
  • Aint_Misbehavin
    Aint_Misbehavin Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Having worn corsets previously, usually under formal dresses to some party, I would imagine you would lose weight wearing them full time...if only because you can barely breathe in them let alone eat anything.
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Yes, it works. One of the women on friends list has done this. It did help her waist. I am not sure on how safe it is but it does work.
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    My favorite product is the CICO™ Brand Exercise Machine. It's sized exactly to your proportions right out of the gate, and it's completely water-resistant! (Don't submerge fully for longer than 30sec-1min, or else there could be operating malfunctions.)

Make sure not to fill the CICO™ Brand Food Pouch beyond capacity, but the plus side is that the machine's computer will let you know when that's getting close! You have to pay attention, though, so don't fill it mindlessly. Go slow and really enjoy the process. The best part is that with the CICO™ Brand Food Pouch, you don't have to worry about -what- food goes in! As long as you have a reasonable ratio of protein:fats:carbs, it's all good!

Lose weight the easy way, with the CICO™ Brand Exercise Machine!
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Zaftique wrote: »
    My favorite product is the CICO™ Brand Exercise Machine. It's sized exactly to your proportions right out of the gate, and it's completely water-resistant! (Don't submerge fully for longer than 30sec-1min, or else there could be operating malfunctions.)

Make sure not to fill the CICO™ Brand Food Pouch beyond capacity, but the plus side is that the machine's computer will let you know when that's getting close! You have to pay attention, though, so don't fill it mindlessly. Go slow and really enjoy the process. The best part is that with the CICO™ Brand Food Pouch, you don't have to worry about -what- food goes in! As long as you have a reasonable ratio of protein:fats:carbs, it's all good!

Where could I buy such an amazing thing like this???

Lol
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Someone just needs to post a link to the thread from last week or week before. Why rehash.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    No it doesn't work . count calories, weigh and measure everything you consume and you'll be fine don't waste your time or money on gimmicks
  • runnrchic
    runnrchic Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Huh? Like on Cinderella where the stepmother ties up the evil stepsisters in those dresses?? You be better off with that thing you stand on with a band on your waist and it shakes the fat off. Or is this another April fools?
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    No it doesn't work . count calories, weigh and measure everything you consume and you'll be fine don't waste your time or money on gimmicks

But that takes time and effort. More suggestions please.
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    chubbard9 wrote: »
    Zaftique wrote: »

Where could I buy such an amazing thing like this???

Lol

That's the best part! It's 100% free! It comes with you right from birth! It's AMAZING.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Just remove a rib or two....same diff. ;)
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I wear corsets fairly often. They are NOT a good dieting option and shouldn't be worn for that reason. If you LIKE wearing them, go for it. But not to lose weight.
  • LuckyStar813
    LuckyStar813 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Ahhh love me some Victorian England. LOL