Replies

• jak1958
    jak1958 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Whaaa..... huh?
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    Ok when did this fad come about? This time around, I mean. I've only ever heard of it on MFP in the past few months.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    It works to dislocate your organs.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Oh God, not again.

Anyway...I'm creating my own corset as we speak...every day or every other day, by eating at a calorie deficit and working out. :) Amazingly, it's working. Unfortunately it doesn't give an unrealistic look or squash my organs ("temporarily"), but hey...each of us makes his/her own choices in life.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Waist training is something you should only consider going into because you love corsets and WANT to waist train. Beware: wasit training does re-arrange your organs and it can over time make it to where you NEED a corset because you atrophy core strength.

maxresdefault.jpg

Now if this is the products you're referring to are falsely called "waist cinchers". They are in fact NOT a true waist cincher (a type of corset) as they lack laces and boning. They therefore do not offer the level of compression or support an actual corset does to perform waist training.

Waist training with corsets IS real but involves steel boned corsets being worn for many hours a day for months at a time. This rearranges organs and narrows your ribs.

These "waist cinchers" are only closed with a fish and hook lock at the front of the corset and contain no boning. They are made of neoprene (non breathable material) to help you sweat.

So let's get this straight. If you're asking about the above It's a compression garment similar to spanx, made of material to make you sweat, and only intended to be worn for a short duration of time (while exercising).

Any benefit you'll receive from this product will be incredibly minimal and temporary (water weight).
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Waist training is something you should only consider going into because you love corsets and WANT to waist train. Beware: wasit training does re-arrange your organs and it can over time make it to where you NEED a corset because you atrophy core strength.

maxresdefault.jpg

Now if this is the products you're referring to are falsely called "waist cinchers". They are in fact NOT a true waist cincher (a type of corset) as they lack laces and boning. They therefore do not offer the level of compression or support an actual corset does to perform waist training.

Waist training with corsets IS real but involves steel boned corsets being worn for many hours a day for months at a time. This rearranges organs and narrows your ribs.

These "waist cinchers" are only closed with a fish and hook lock at the front of the corset and contain no boning. They are made of neoprene (non breathable material) to help you sweat.

So let's get this straight. If you're asking about the above It's a compression garment similar to spanx, made of material to make you sweat, and only intended to be worn for a short duration of time (while exercising).

Any benefit you'll receive from this product will be incredibly minimal and temporary (water weight).

that just looks itchy
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

maxresdefault.jpg

that just looks itchy

really? To me they just look sweaty and damp and smelly.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

maxresdefault.jpg

that just looks itchy

really? To me they just look sweaty and damp and smelly.

it's like when you wear those tensor velcro wraps, they always end up getting itchy! probably because of the heat.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    original.gif

I wish I could eat Jason Bateman. He'd be the greatest last meal ever.

P.S. I didn't mean literally EAT him. I'm not a cannibal or anything.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    Oh God, not again.

Anyway...I'm creating my own corset as we speak...every day or every other day, by eating at a calorie deficit and working out. :) Amazingly, it's working. Unfortunately it doesn't give an unrealistic look or squash my organs ("temporarily"), but hey...each of us makes his/her own choices in life.

You sure I can't tempt you into squeezing all your vital organs into a beautiful stretchy band that takes 3.5 hours to fasten up as every time you get one and hook and eye fastened another one pops open? No? Not interested?

Pahahahahaha. These things really do tickle me.
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Big corset fan here. There is SO much misinformation about corsets and waist training. Not helped by the current fad promoted by Kim Kard etc.

What do you mean by does corset training work? It all depends on what your goals are.
    If you want to reduce your overall body size then diet and exercise
    If you want to temporarily reduce your waist size then occasional corset wearing may be for you
    If you want a permanent true waist reduction leaving your other measurements the same - then prepare for expense and commitment.

It take A LOT of time to do this carefully.
    You CAN damage yourself by lacing too tightly too quickly. you WILL need to purchase decent corsets - 40 dollar jobs from China are not going to give you the results .
    There is one particular group on FB I would recommend https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/TightlacingSociety/?fref=ts - this is the one that the corset makers endorse

I'm a novice corset sewer who loves the temporary aesthetic.

Do your homework please.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    Someone just needs to post a link to the thread from last week or week before. Why rehash.

I see this all the time...with various topics that seem to come and go in cycles. First a dozen Weight watchers threads. Then Breastfeeding. Now this?