Losing myself

Options
I have started again!. In a nutshell: always overweight. 2 years ago somewhere under 180 and feeling great. Got pregnant, gained 100, gave birth and got sick and frankly lazy and gained another 30. Started in winter at about 300, lost about 20. Gained it all back. :# turned 35 in February, getting married this month in a 4x dress from Torrid. It's the first dress I have worn since high school. It will be my before. I am 5'3 and 2 days ago I weighed in at 303. I never looked for friends or help with motivation but now I need all the help I can get. I miss crossing my legs, wearing heels, being able to do my hair without getting out if breath.i want to lose literally half of me...but first I am shooting for 250. I want my son to be able to wrap his legs around me not sit on my stomach. Today I walked a fullile. Tomorrow I shoot for a mile and a half. By the time I turn 36 next year I hope to be close to or at my goal.

Replies

• mistnovember0457
    Options
    I'm at 280 and miserable ! Getting rid of half of me too !
  • mz2Blessd
    Options
    Hello I'm a 43 yr old mother of 4 boys all adults except my 6 yr old. I'm new to this site but just to encourage you last year i weighed in at 208 lbs. I started having issues with my blood pressure, heel spurs, heart palpitations etc. I used to be active but slipped off the boat; after my issues started and i started seeing friends leaving this world i told myself this is a change for me and that's what i did. I stepped out of my comfort zone; i started seeing the extra stomach in the front, flabby arms and couldn't jog up a hill!!! So to encourage me i have my 6 yr old as my motivator and when i tell you he's God sent he does every workout with me and makes me work even harder because when he slows up and i run ahead of him i can't just stop and wait i have to improvise meaning i do squats, lunges, or jumping jacks until he catches up! When you're home pick the little one up and do a exercise with them; maybe do some stair steps, crunches or even let them sit on your back while you do a up/down plank, start walking around your area (slowly don't rush it) or put on a workout video kids love when you're doing exercises because they love to be involved. Also watch what you eat i know sometimes you're like I'm starving myself but what we eat causes alot of what we go through; substitute your sweets with raw veggies believe me i eat some things i never thought i would eat. You can even buy workout outfits for the kiddo to make them feel awarded for helping you and they love neon colors (bright & fun)!!! I don't have any friends yet on my list but your welcome to add yourself if you want.
    Wishing you the best!!!!
  • biffy1014
    Options
    Don't stop. It takes guts to do what you're doing. Keep trying and you'll succeed. It may not be easy but the end result will be priceless
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Hi there :) you can do this .:)I started at 202 and am currently 135. Best of luck to you ! Get a food scale if u don't already have one, its very important!
  • beverlyschroeder64
    beverlyschroeder64 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi guys I'm new at this I live in Winnipeg. Looking for help ,,, to keep motivated for someone to talk to
  • tiffbeckett336
    tiffbeckett336 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Hi there :) you can do this .:)I started at 202 and am currently 135. Best of luck to you ! Get a food scale if u don't already have one, its very important!

This is very motivating I am on the same page I am 180and want to get to135-140 just have to stay on track
  • Joaniecan2014
    Joaniecan2014 Posts: 6 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi, I'm on a neverending rollercoaster. I recently turned 40 and had a goad to lose weight for it, that didn't happen! I ended up gaining and I run a lot. So I've recently given up alcohol and gained 6lbs since. Go figure? I have a vacation coming up in the early summer and really need some help!!!
  • AElizabeth0629
    AElizabeth0629 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Let's lose weight together! Add me as a friend!
  • bradangie789
    Options
    Good luck. I am also trying to lose about 90 pounds and I just started. I am 41 and love to cook. I find my self cooking for my husband and then eating too much.
  • ninzypoo
    ninzypoo Posts: 2
    Options
    Once you set your mind to it you will do it, you need to have routine and motivation, even when you feel like you don't want to that's when you need to push yourself the most. I know you may feel like your stuck in a rut but you have to change the way you think.
    You will feel great afterwards. Remember its 80% diet 20% exercise. Best of luck.
  • bellagirl372
    bellagirl372 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ive also gained about 80 pounds due to steroids fir my asthma...i got tired of getting out if breath everytime i walked up the stairs. ..i literally had enough i weighed in at 227 a month ago i watch wat i eat left the soda aline no bread rice or potatoes alit of fruit and vegetables and i lost about 10 pounds so far..u can do it..just put ur mind to it