FT7 - Fat burn / Fitness Zone

Options
Hi all,

I have the FT7. I am trying to lose a stubborn 10 pounds. Do I need to pay attention to which zone I am in (fat burn or fitness), and if so which one do you suggest that I lock. Thank you so much do the advice.

:) Thanks!!

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    No, you don't.
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I have an FT7 too. Does anyone even know what these zones mean? I just use it to track calorie burn and that's about all.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    The zones are based on which source the body uses as the primary fuel. The so-called fat burning zone is a lower intensity workout where a greater percentage of the total energy comes from stored fat. At a higher intensity, the body burns more calories and more total fat .. it's a slightly lower percentage of a much larger number. Going harder and longer burns more calories and more fat.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    These zones are crap...

Do as much as you can, as fast as you can (once you have reached a level of fitness where you can "go all out").

Do use higher intensities (70-90% of your maximum heart rate), you burn a greater amounts of calories and fat to loose weight... Use lower intensity if you are going for endurance..