Toppings for Plain Greek Yogurt

Options
2»

Replies

• maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    1 c fat free or full fat plain greek yogurt, 1 c blueberries nuked from frozen so they are hot - add oatmeal, cereal, etc as desired. This is my breakfast almost every day.

1 c full fat plain greek yogurt, 28g chocolate whey powder, 10 g cocoa, 80-100g banana sliced - this is a meal at some point on a weight training day
  • HumboldtFred
    HumboldtFred Posts: 159 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Bacon bits, green onions, and a dash of fat free demi-glace Don't knock it till you try it.

If you want t o get all fancy, grate some waxy potato, parsnips and carrots loosely onto some parchment paper, bake it for a while at 500 and sprinkle it on top.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with berries and granola or high fiber cereal.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Fage 2% plain Greek yogurt then I add cinnamon, honey and chopped walnuts. Amazingly delicious! And filling.
  • usernameenvy
    usernameenvy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon is great in plain greek yogurt, crushed nuts (id go walnuts or cashews), chia seeds and flax seeds, maybe wizz up some frozen berries or mango or banana, some coconut flakes, ive been having plain greek yogurt on my breakfast which is tuna boiled egg whites mushroom and avocado, its so good! tastes like sour cream lol
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Maybe just buy flavoured yogurt then? I buy plain so I can add in fruit and so I can use it in cooking/baking. I'll sometimes eat it as-is.
  • Weightlosstips
    Weightlosstips Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    Maybe just buy flavoured yogurt then? I buy plain so I can add in fruit and so I can use it in cooking/baking. I'll sometimes eat it as-is.

Yea I add frozen strawberries and blueberries, kefir and protein powder and make me a smoothie with it :)
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

Yea I add frozen strawberries and blueberries, kefir and protein powder and make me a smoothie with it :)

I do this too (minus the kefir) and skip the blending part. Just eat it in a bowl, frozen fruit in there in-tact.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I like honey, fresh fruit and cinnamon.
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    My favorite is some blueberries ad crushed walnuts
  • jmichaelminton
    jmichaelminton Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    brendak76 wrote: »
    I also love mixing greek yogurt with sriacha sauce and using it for veggie dip or in place of sour cream.

I love this idea.

• vgnfarmer
    vgnfarmer Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I love love chocolate or strawberry designer whey powder on mine. I don't like it totally mixed in either. Something about the dry powdery parts I like....Also used plain as dip for veggies is good. You could try mixing in some ranch dip mix or vegetable soup mix but the ones I tried have MSG, ton of sodium.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I buy the yogurt with the blue berries at the bottom.

Something satisfying about mixing the White yogurt with the blue of the berries.
  • haysavam
    haysavam Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Stevia and lemon juice!!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I use nuts and whatever fresh fruit I have.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Usually just add some berries. Other ideas, walnuts, coconut flakes. Cinnamon.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,888 Member
    Options
    Such a versatile item!

Plain
    with apple cut into little pieces added in
    with (thawed) frozen cherries or blueberries added in
    with sliced bananas added in

with any of the above PLUS
    ground flax, or hemp hearts OR
    slivered almonds, or sunflower or pumpkin seeds OR
    walnuts (or walnuts and honey)

Also: plain with thin coating of granulated sugar (would defeat OP's goal!)

Also: as base for a quick sauce for meat/veggies mixed with either mustard/mustard powder or sriracha
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I make my own low sugar jams, jellies, and fruit butters. A little goes a long way for adding flavor and sweetness. Then again, I use yogurt to stave off my cravings for creamy desserts. A half cup of yogurt with a little strawberry jam does a lot to curb my craving for a piece of cheesecake!
  • Kazzsjourney2
    Kazzsjourney2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    -Goji berries and almonds
    -stir in protein powder
    -berries