Back on Track

Options
I hope now that meds for my thyroid appear to be at correct level, doctor also discovered my Vitamin D was all but none existent so been on a high dose of that which appears to have helped tremendously. So now to focussing on getting rid of the extra 1.5 stone I have put on over the last few months. Feel like this may work now as the depression etc I had seems to have really improved and I am determined to stick with it now.

If I am honest I never really understood what problems an under active thyroid could create I thought I was losing my mind.

Anyway as from today hopefully things will change. Any advice would be gratefully accepted.

Replies

• Bobble11
    Bobble11 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It's sounds like you've really got your house in order and you've got a great mental attitude to the challenge ahead. Keep it up and that 1.5 stone will fly off!

There really isn't a magic formula. Log your food honestly in MFP and if you stay around your target calorie intake you'll lose weight.

Personally, I have to exercise for me to lose my 2lb weekly target. Nothing major, just a 30min stride around the block but even that little amount does the job for me.

Good luck! You can do it!
  • angiewf
    angiewf Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Tracking and planning work best for me, if you don't write down everything you eat it's easy to get 'eating amnesia'. Plan your meals for the week, it doesn't have to be set in stone if you fancy something different than you planned one day or an unexpected social occasion comes up, but it does give you a good framework to work inside. Particularly helpful on those days when you're tired and can't be bothered to work out what to eat, so just grab what's nearest. If you already have a healthy meal planned you're more likely to stick with it.
  • belucky1
    belucky1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    thanks for the replies I will take on board everything you say. Just hoping to stay positive and even a pound a week would be great. thanks again
  • Junkie1981
    Junkie1981 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good luck! With your attitude you'll get rid of that 1.5 stone easily.:-) thanks for inspiring me to think the right way......I can do this! I will lose this weight! Watch me go.:-)xxx