Apartment Exercise. Suggestions?

Options
officemonique
officemonique Posts: 14
edited April 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I just moved to an apartment and im on the top floor. So this means i cant do anymore of my Turbo fire (alot of jumping). Does anyone havr any suggestions on working out in apartment without making to much noise but its a really good workout. Also i have a toddler (2 year old) so i cant just pop up and just go anywhere to work out . i know there are gyms with child care, but where im at they are a little pricey . thanks guys.

Replies

• Danixkm
    Danixkm Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend dancing as something that shouldn't make too much noise. Less to no jumping would be involved (though it would depend on the type of dance) maybe you could browse through a couple of dance workouts on youtube, see what you'd enjoy and what would be minimal noise. calisthenics would be good too. Sit ups, lunges, squats, crunches, push ups, planks etc. I'm sure there's a lot of other things if those don't appeal to you, I'm sure others can suggest better ideas.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells! I love them!!
  • Andreake08
    Andreake08 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Crunches, squats, glute bridges, planking... :D And a stepper maybe? :D

I also live in an apartment, top floor as well, and that's what I do... :D
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel Posts: 10,891 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    There's a guy on Youtube called Millionaire Hoy who has a few silent workouts to choose from.
    Here's a link to one of them... :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGYQb_UPPkk
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I used to do DDP Yoga (sometimes called YRG Yoga), there's a few different workouts, I did the Diamond Dozen and Red Hot Core. The Diamond Dozen is especially good for not making much noise since you basically stand still. Looks like you might be able to find them on YouTube.
  • officemonique
    Options
    Thanks guys so much your awesome. I will be giving these a go
  • officemonique
    Options
    Danixkm wrote: »
    I'd recommend dancing as something that shouldn't make too much noise. Less to no jumping would be involved (though it would depend on the type of dance) maybe you could browse through a couple of dance workouts on youtube, see what you'd enjoy and what would be minimal noise. calisthenics would be good too. Sit ups, lunges, squats, crunches, push ups, planks etc. I'm sure there's a lot of other things if those don't appeal to you, I'm sure others can suggest better ideas.

I never heard of calisthenics. But will look into it
  • Andreake08
    Andreake08 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Tell us how what you find! I personally need more ideas... Have you tried lifting as well? That's pretty silent... :)
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Casey Ho and Coach Nicole from SparkPeople have an apartment workout. I also think FitnessBlender has some.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I just bought myself a 2-in1 Elliptical Cross Trainer & Bike.
    Best thing i've bought for a while!
    It hardly makes a sound and it was only £80 (around $115 i think).
    Saves me a lot more money than going to the Gym every day!
  • officemonique
    Options

Really?! That's a great price
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I live in an upstairs apartment so I feel you. I do resistance bands, wall push ups, triceps dips, dumbbell exercises, and various yoga stretches and positions. I do a lot of body weight exercises at home.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Just an idea- does your toddler like the outdoors? The weather is starting to get nicer, so you could buy a toddler backpack and go walking/hiking. Plus, you'll burn more calories since you are carrying your little one.

I don't have children, but in my building there is a group of stay at home moms (5 of them) with kids under 2. They walk everyday with the kids strapped to their backs.
  • officemonique
    Options

Really?! That's a great price
  • officemonique
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Just an idea- does your toddler like the outdoors? The weather is starting to get nicer, so you could buy a toddler backpack and go walking/hiking. Plus, you'll burn more calories since you are carrying your little one.

I don't have children, but in my building there is a group of stay at home moms (5 of them) with kids under 2. They walk everyday with the kids strapped to their backs.

That is a really good idea. I didnt think about hiking. She loves being out side.
  • officemonique
    Options
    Guess i need to invest in kettle balls also.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I bought a $100 stationary bike and use it all the time while watching my shows.

If you can afford it, buy some heavy weights too and try to do some weight training. Another option is to look up online for workouts with no impact.
  • PiSquared
    PiSquared Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I had great success with my Wii Fit in my third floor apartment. I didn't seem to bother the neighbors too much. Sit ups and yoga worked well, too. Can you take your daughter with you and go for a walk outside? Walking is my exercise of choice these days, especially now that the weather is finally starting to warm up.
  • Taleena4
    Taleena4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How about carrying your daughter up and down the stairs of your building? You can also take the opportunity to teach her to count as you climb each step and/or floor. :)
  • lddfsu
    lddfsu Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have a mini trampoline, and I jog on it while I'm watching tv. I also do a deck of cards workout. Assign each suit an exercise (lunges, squats, push-ups, dips, crunches, whatever you want). Do the amount of reps that's on each card.