Smart Swaps

Hello fellow users. Been apart of this site for a while, first time posting! My weight loss journey is focused on getting healthier and being happy with new energy. Looking for good food swaps. Recently I have switched to Greek yogurt, almond milk, and completely cut out soda. Suggestions on other quick swaps for people beginning a lifestyle change?

Replies

• countrybummken
    countrybummken Posts: 3 Member
    Hi. I just started trying to eat healthier too. One thing I am doing is carbonated water (couldn't find seltzer) with 100% juice mixed in. Sometimes I just need my carbonation :)
  • af_wife2004
    af_wife2004 Posts: 149 Member
    I switched protein bars (Pure protein, Nature Valley protein, Quaker Protein) for candy bars and cereal.
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    I switched to brown rice a long time ago but I've just recently slowly switching out to quinoa.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Swapped out domestic beer for craft.
    Wish I hadn't waited so long. :drinker:
  • hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    What really helped me when I wanted to lose weight (trying to maintain right now) was not drinking my calories. Can be hard though. At least at first
  • I would love to find a great smoothie recipe. I don't like berries but an energy packed banana pinapple would be ideal!! I tried quinoa but didn't prepare it right i guess. Couldn't stand the texture!! I hear that Himalayan Pink salt is very healthy for you. Not big on salt period but wondered if anyone had heard that?
  • scon13
    scon13 Posts: 13 Member
    My favorite smoothie is 1/2 c to 1 c of frozen mango chunks, frozen pineapple chunks, 1c almond milk, 2-3c spinach, blend until smooth. Add water or ice if too thick. It's super filling and yummy and gets some veggies in which I have a hard time eating enough of. It creates a beautiful green color, but tastes like fruit. Makes a lot so you can cut it in half. I'll have some in the morning and the rest for a snack if I can't drink it all at once.
  • Swapped lunch times with juice plus and a piece of fruit
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    edited April 2015
    I would love to find a great smoothie recipe. I don't like berries but an energy packed banana pinapple would be ideal!! I tried quinoa but didn't prepare it right i guess. Couldn't stand the texture!! I hear that Himalayan Pink salt is very healthy for you. Not big on salt period but wondered if anyone had heard that?

I use pink himalayan salt, because I like the flavor. Salt can have widely varying amounts of minerals in them - which changes the taste and texture slightly. You're not going to eat enough of it to see a real difference in health though.

I eat ALOT of salt....and have tried many many "gourmet" finishing salts. My favorites are fluer de sel, grey salt, and pink himalayan (in that order).
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    My fav smoothie:

Frozen bananna, pb2, honey to taste, whole milk. Not low calorie, but delicious!
  • Big peanut butter fan but haven't tried pb2 yet. This weekend I'm adding that and pink Himalayan salt to the grocery list. I don't think either one are too budget friendly but should be worth it!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    edited April 2015
    Vanilla greek yogurt as opposed to my other yogurt that is good but not as much protein.

I started using crumbled Total whole grain cereal as a topping for my yogurt instead of granola or my former favorite cereal, special k vanilla almond. Total has fewer calories and way better nutrient content...and when mixed in to the yogurt you can't tell it's bland and tasteless lol
  • Oh I love that idea!! I've been using organic honey nut granola. Lots of calories, but Total is a great idea!! I just need something to cover the Greek yogurt texture... Apparently I have a texture issue LOL