Hoping for a miracle

Options
Hey there I'm 5'4 and my weight was 57kgs but I had migraine and had to take flunerine which made me really fat...

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    You don't need a miracle, just a calorie deficit :)
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    The above :) Unfortunately there is no 'miracle' weight loss 'cure' or none of us would be here! Just gotta keep strong and keep going :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    How long was this migraine? Pretty sure you'll just be retaining fluid.... unless it went for a number of days where you also cumulatively involuntarily ate 3500 calories over your maintenance a bunch of times...
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Hey there I'm 5'4 and my weight was 57kgs but I had migraine and had to take flunerine which made me really fat...

No such thing as miracles, but hard work can get you back down! I do hope your migraines give you a break so you can concentrate on the rest of you!
  • mzjenn2u
    mzjenn2u Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I suffer from migraines as well.....try and get your doc to change your medication....they are usually willing to help out especially if you have side effects....such as extreme weight gain
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

maybe think about actively TRYING to lose weight instead of hoping for a miracle....
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Miracles are rare. You're much more likely to have success if you reduce what you eat.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I have chronic migraines. The medicine didn't make you fat. It likely increased your appetite and you ate more food as a result. Talk to your doctor. There are other medications, other methods of treating chronic migraine, and other calcium channel blockers available.

Regardless, a miracle is not what you need. You need to eat less food.
  • sparklin_r0se
    sparklin_r0se Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Well.. Now I take calories under 1300 it has been a month now.. Still my weight is the same.. I'm clueless
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?