No bake Ricotta strawberry icebox cake

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
edited April 2015 in Recipes
This is a delicious and filling way to get your cake fix... I found a recipe online for no bake icebox cakes and replaced the whipping cream by ricotta to make it more filling. It makes a great breakfast too.

2 sheets of graham crackers (might use less)
1/2 cup Part skim ricotta (124g)
1 tsp of honey
1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
100g strawberries
(optional) whipped cream/whipped topping

Mix the ricotta with the honey and vanilla and slice the strawberries in small chunks.
Find an air tight 2 cup container (I used a round pyrex glass container). Layer graham crackers at the bottom. Cover with strawberries. Cover with half the ricotta mixture. Add another layer of graham crackers, the rest of the ricotta, then more strawberries (if using a higher container, you might want to do an extra layer). If using whipped cream, put it on top.

Close the container and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight until the cookies are soft.

Calories will depend on what type of ricotta you use and how many crackers and strawberries you end up using obviously, but using part skim ricotta and 3 servings of whipped cream it ended up 430 calories, 45g carb, 23g fat, 17g protein. If using fat free ricotta and no whipped cream it will come down to only 270 calories!

Replies

• denali26
    denali26 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yum! I will have to try this.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Did it again but this time I used less than one serving of ricotta and mixed it with plain Greek yogurt. Ended up with 26g of protein this time, and it was a bit bigger (I used more crackers) for 450 calories. Delicious, filling breakfast!