Options
CharlotteFai
CharlotteFai Posts: 2 Member
Running out of ideas for breakfast need help please

Replies

• mandychowx
    mandychowx Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I always have one whole egg, two eat white with vegetables omelet. If you don't like veges, use cottage cheese, so yummy!

Protein brownie using one scoop protein, 5g cocoa powder, milk or water and 5 g baking powder and microwave for 40 secs. Sooo fudgey and warm.
  • likehlikeo
    likehlikeo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I use the quick method at the moment: Corn Flakes (30g are actually a lot!...I was surprised) with light soy milk. A nice filling bowl for 200cals.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I have 2 corn thins, 100g of cottage cheese and a flavouring like diced dill pickle, or hot sauce, or fresh dill. Lots of protein keeps me full for about 150 calories. I like to save my calories for later in the day.
  • cocobongo
    cocobongo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Mine usually come in at around 230 but I usually have one of the following:

Omelette made with 1 full egg, 3 egg whites, cheese, mushrooms and onion.

2 poached eggs on a bed of spinach in oil, lemon, garlic, salt and chilli

A Fuel porridge pot.

All yummy and filling.
  • GlennS18T
    GlennS18T Posts: 13 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    1 serving steel cut oats (1/3 cup)

1/2 serving Protein isolate ( I like diesel. Very clean)

Mix dry.

Add 1/2 cup of cold water.

Mix in 1/2 tbsp of almond butter

Make at night and Store in fridge for morning for convenience if your pushed for time. Helps soften it up.

You'll be at about 250 cals. Use unsweetened almond milk for a creamier mix. Be about about 300 cals but your macros will be beauuutiful. 100 extra cals is nothing and you'll stay full and productive.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Egg muffins like these or these are great to make on a Sunday and eat two all week for 80-110 calories.

I like a quick egg white and vegetable scramble with or without cheese or, like this morning, use a bed of vegetables topped with a runny egg. Shakshuka or huevos rancheros on a corn tortilla are really good low calorie options, or homemade breakfast burritos (I freeze them to grab and go on busy mornings) for 200 calories each:

8.00 tortilla, High Fiber Low Carb Tortilla Wrap (D8)
    8.00 Slice, Turkey Bacon (25 Cal)
    1.00 large, Onions - Raw
    1.00 WHOLE, Whole Green Bell Pepper
    8.00 oz(s), Spinach - Raw
    8.00 oz(s), Mushrooms - Raw
    1.00 container (30 tbsp (46g) ea.), Egg White
    4.00 oz, 75% Reduced Fat Cheese
  • ladygusgoose
    ladygusgoose Posts: 20 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I often have:coffee with a splash ( 50 g ) fat free protein enriched milk (19kcal), 2 slices of whole wheat toast (122kcal), 1 teaspoon of creamed peanuts [it's like peanut butter but without anything added to the peanuts] - (11gr, 69kcal) and a generous teaspoon of sugarfree light blueberry or cherry jam (30 g , 21kcal). This totals 232 kcal...
  • missannabeth
    missannabeth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My go to lately has been apple "cobbler"!

1 small apple
    1/4 cup quick oats
    Cinnamon
    Stevia (if you're into that)
    Water

Dice or slice the apple and toss it in a bowl. Cover with 1/4 cup quick oats. Top with cinnamon, stevia, and whatever other spices you love. Add as much water as needed - totally covering the apples and oats makes a stickier cobbler, and less water makes a doughier cobbler. Microwave according to the package directions (usually 2-3 minutes). I usually top with more cinnamon. Mmmmmmm...

The calories are around 120 for the whole thing, and I'm full until lunch which isn't until 1pm for me! Even if I do get a little hungry before then, I can certainly afford a mid-morning snack with such a low cal breakfast.

I'll be trying an overnight oats version, a baked version, and a protein powder version soon. :)
  • bingfit221
    bingfit221 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My go-to:

1 egg - 70 kals
    2 whites - 50 kals
    3 oz sauteed like "home fries" of sweet potato - 75 kals
  • justjack18
    justjack18 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Running out of ideas for breakfast need help please

Oatmeal
    Eggs
    Yogurt
    Fruit
    Cereal
  • futuremommyt
    futuremommyt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    a Thomas's bagel thin and 2 TBSP whipped cream cheese. 160 calories!
  • acwing612
    acwing612 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    a Thomas's bagel thin and 2 TBSP whipped cream cheese. 160 calories!
    Try the 2x protein one! It's even better numbers for same serving!!!
  • qofsheba
    qofsheba Posts: 72
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Muffin in a cup. Low cal and Low carb
    Serving Size: 1 ; 214 calories

1/4 cup flax meal (8.09 total carbs, 7.6 fiber) which is 30 grams in weight
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder (0.64 net carbs)
    1 packet splenda packet (0.9 net carbs)
    1 teaspoon cinnamon (1.84 total carbs, 1.2 fiber)
    1 large egg (0.6 net carbs)
    1 teaspoon butter

(total carbs is 12.07, fiber is 8.8; net carbs is 3.27)

Put the dry ingredients in a coffee mug. Stir. Then add the egg and the butter. Mix.

Microwave 1 minute.

Can vary by changing out cinnamon for any spice you like.
  • tlharin
    tlharin Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My breakfasts are 250 and include coffee with a bit of honey and soy milk and some variation of:
    • 1/4 cup quality granola
    • 6 oz non fat Greek yogurt
    • 1 tablespoon real fruit jam or preserves
    • .25 or so cup fresh fruit

This week I've been doing a strawberry-rhubarb jam with fresh strawberries. Last week I had peach preserves with blueberries, and a raisin granola-Apple butter-fresh Apple day, and an apricot jam and basil day (weird, but good). Switch up flavors on something like this or an omelette and you can stay on track/get the nutrition you need.
  • kchezelle
    kchezelle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    2 eggs + 1 banana = pancakes
    Check out my blog for the recipe: kchezelle.wordpress.com
    h8fs6w6na7dz.jpg

• Gmiessy
    Gmiessy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Homemade egg white delight: (182 cal)
    1 English muffin, toasted
    1 egg white, pan fried with olive oil spray
    1 slice Kraft skim milk singles
    1 thin slice deli ham or smoked turkey

I put these together 6 at a time, wrap them and freeze in a gallon freezer bag. Easy to take out and heat up in AM.

Sometimes I add a homemade lowfat version of McDonald's "breakfast sauce" (the fattening sauce they put on their bagel sandwiches). It's just hellman's lite mayo (about 1/2 cup), woeblers champagne dill mustard (about 1 Tablespoon), a squirt or packet or Splenda and a sprinkle of garlic powder. Tastes like McDonalds sauce at a fraction of the calories. It's good on those mini whole wheat bagels too. I've made a lowfat version of steak bagel using breakfast sauce, mini whole wheat bagels, leftover grilled flank steak With grilled onions and skim milk American cheese slices.