Cellulite

Options
hi guys just wondering if anyone has any exercise tips on how to reduce cellulite? :)

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is fat. You have to lose fat to reduce cellulite. Exercise is for fitness. Lifting can improve the look of it by building muscle, but really you have to lose fat to lose cellulite. To be honest, everyone has some. I'm down to a size zero and I still have some. Facts of life.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Genetics largely determines who gets cellulite and who doesn't. Even at my heaviest I never had cellulite. I had rolls...but no cellulite. So is not something that exercise can fix. However, if you lose weight and lose fat in general, you will also lose some cellulite since it is just fat.

• pittsingersg
    pittsingersg Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Like everything else these days, you can get rid of it medically. Try using lotion after every shower, more so on the cellulite (and if you have stretch marks), keeping the skin moisturized promotes healthy skin. There are "creams" that target cellulite but the ones likely to actually work are way or of price range. If it's the upper legs and butt then do lunges and squats every day (that is, every single day) and don't stop once you get the muscle. You have to give the skin something to stretch across, and muscles are the only way. Try doing the leg press machine at the gym. If you don't like squats they have machines for anything.
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I was wondering this too. I'm back down to a size and weight I was about 10 years ago, but now I have cellulite on my belly which I didn't have then. I guess my fat re-distributed itself lol.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Like everything else these days, you can get rid of it medically. Try using lotion after every shower, more so on the cellulite (and if you have stretch marks), keeping the skin moisturized promotes healthy skin. There are "creams" that target cellulite but the ones likely to actually work are way or of price range. If it's the upper legs and butt then do lunges and squats every day (that is, every single day) and don't stop once you get the muscle. You have to give the skin something to stretch across, and muscles are the only way. Try doing the leg press machine at the gym. If you don't like squats they have machines for anything.

No, no, no. creams and lotions do not work on cellulite. You can do squats and lunges and build muscles, yes. You will have nice looking muscles under your cellulite. The only way to get rid of the cellulite is to lose the fat through losing weight by calorie deficit.

If you 'get rid of it medically' (I assume liposuction), which can be unsafe - remember, when you suck fat from one place, and then gain weight, it still goes somewhere.....

there are no magic fixes for fat.
  • robyngrant739
    robyngrant739 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm eating healthy aswell not just looking for a miracle haha
  • pittsingersg
    pittsingersg Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    No, you are very right, creams DO NOT fix cellulite BUT it does help prevent strtech marks while building muscle. And if you are working out to build muscle it's possible to over do it. Also, keeping the skin hydrated will reduce the appearance of minor problems. I wasn't talking about lipo, i was speaking about a thing i heard about how they "smooth the skin away", RejuveSkin Treatment using Lysis. They say it's has an 80% success rate. I don't know, just something i read once.
    But like cindy says, " there are no magic fixes "

• gonebeast
    gonebeast Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am a young male, fit, with cellulite on my obliques after my ambitious bulk. I couldn't be more unfortunate than this but yes, only losing body fat % will be the solution and then maintaining it.
  • robyngrant739
    robyngrant739 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    build muscle mass