IdealShape Shakes

Options
ChristinaCCRN
ChristinaCCRN Posts: 89 Member
edited March 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I was wondering if anyone else has been using these? For meal replacement, pre or post workout? I started 1 week ago and only drinking one shake in the morning for breakfast due to some unpleasant side effects. I'd like to move on to two shakes a day but waiting for this (tummy troubles) to pass. It is full of nutrients and keeps me full for 3 hours and I'd like to use it as a meal replacement for lunch too. Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions?
Side note: in one week I have lost 3.5 pounds just with the one shake, exercising, and watching what I eat which is record for me.
I appreciate any input.
Thanks!
Christina

Replies

• mer_mer
    mer_mer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    wow sounds like it really works. I would like to use this twice a day as well. I have a sensitive stomach though might have to wait like you did. I just ordered mine today. Hopefully it works for me. thanks for sharing...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I tried them. Hungry after one hour. Sorry, no help...
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I... you're drinking a shake that upsets your stomach?

Why wouldn't you just eat real food that makes your stomach happy?
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    If it hurts your stomach, why would you continue drinking it? That's not going to be helpful long-term, especially if you start drinking shakes all day... I can only imagine constant stomach pain... Your body is giving you a sign!

I would assume the stomach pain is what is stopping you from eating for 3hours... You could easily eat a protein filled breakfast that will keep you fuller for longer, and cause weight loss, without causing you pain!
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    chubbard9 wrote: »
    If it hurts your stomach, why would you continue drinking it? That's not going to be helpful long-term, especially if you start drinking shakes all day... I can only imagine constant stomach pain... Your body is giving you a sign!

I would assume the stomach pain is what is stopping you from eating for 3hours... You could easily eat a protein filled breakfast that will keep you fuller for longer, and cause weight loss, without causing you pain!

Is it stomach pain? I'm picturing the Jeff Daniels bathroom scene in Dumb & Dumber...
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    IMO these are the nastiest and poorest shake on the market. Eat real food - you'll feel much better!
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    chubbard9 wrote: »

Is it stomach pain? I'm picturing the Jeff Daniels bathroom scene in Dumb & Dumber...

LOL I read it wrong.
    But for me, anything that causes me to have tummy troubles and be stuck in the bathroom, is pain... But that's another story... But it reminded me of a time when I stupidly tried Slim Fast shakes, and I was having legitimate stomach pain(when I was like 16 and thinking there was a magic pill for weight loss), but that was because it was all I "ate".

Anyways, that scene, from Dumb & Dumber, would be extreme pain for me, lmao! I would die!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,266 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    I... you're drinking a shake that upsets your stomach?

Why wouldn't you just eat real food that makes your stomach happy?

^
    This.
    Eat nutrient dense foods. I eat real food and it fills me up for 3 hours. No stomach problems either. Shakes make you think you're "doing something" about your weight or diet or whatever. You're really just doing something with your wallet... :angry:
  • aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I tried the strawberry and hated it. They exchanged it for chocolate and it was OK. Didn't curb my hunger. I drink GNC's Lean Shake 25, premade, after a workout. Lots of protein, low calorie (170) and taste good. The powders aren't nearly as good.