Need Fit Friends. My Old Friends Hate My Enthusiasm

Options
Hi Fit Pals, I'm Michelle. I need to be honest here, my support group is just 1. My BF is thrilled to see me happily taking up fitness, but my friends are growing more and more distant as I change. :(

Replies

• blueriotgirl
    blueriotgirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    That stinks. If you want you can add me. Im a sahm and don't have many friends except a select few. We all can use some motivation and enthusiasm. It helps us want to keep striving for our goals! :)
  • Jenskiski
    Jenskiski Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Be careful that your new fitness plan isn't all you talk about. Change is great and improvement is wonderful, but generally speaking it isn't going to be important to anyone outside of you and people really close to you.
  • kickingpounds
    kickingpounds Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Add me dear :)
  • tinallen863
    tinallen863 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm happy for you! Whenever you need to tell someone about a goal or just share the joy of a healthy lifestyle, I'm in. You can friend me.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Hi Fit Pals, I'm Michelle. I need to be honest here, my support group is just 1. My BF is thrilled to see me happily taking up fitness, but my friends are growing more and more distant as I change. :(

My real life friends went from a whole lot to about 3 after the first year of my healthy living. I spent less time drinking and going out, and more time with my family and enjoying being active. It took the first year for me to be able to learn how to be social without having it be about my healthy lifestyle. I'm ok with having less friends, because they friends I have are absolutely awesome.

• ianmichele
    ianmichele Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. We need to surround ourselves with people who are supportive and patient and understanding. Count me in
  • Paige3003
    Options
    You can add me!
  • aliali786
    aliali786 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I went through the same thing in the end I had too choose what was best for me and my life I'm not saying cut your friends out of your life just put yourself first. I even tried talking too some of my friends all they could say is you've changed but in the end I'm doing what makes me happy. I noticed my circle of friends is small know just two too be exact but I'm happier And that's what matters hope I managed too explain my story it's hard to do on here remember
    "No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" Buddha
    Gluck
  • Farmerj2000
    Farmerj2000 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    This is me as well, I went from having a very large group of friends to a few. I still consider them somewhat friends lol we don’t really talk so I guess they are people I use to know. That’s ok though. You have to do what’s important for you. Life moves on and so do I. I’m moving a lot faster now days and I love it. Feel free to add me for some daily chit chat and support.
  • ChelleC43
    ChelleC43 Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Thanks so much. I thought they'd be happy for me. I was so dark and depressed before I found fitness. Perhaps I am OVERLY enthusiastic, but I'm not pushing my lifestyle on them. I added all of you and so appreciate the understanding.