Starting this again, I got 200+ lbs to lose

Options
falulu209
falulu209 Posts: 11 Member
edited March 2015 in Introduce Yourself
hello hello

New username but not new to my fitness pal.

I am starting over again. My first round on here I lost 75lbs, but a series of life events and disappointments caused me to well give up on this and gain back the weight I lost and then some.

Depression really has been kicking my butt. I don't drink or smoke so well food has been my drug of choice

My name is Felicia, most people call me Lulu, I am 397 and a pocket full of awesome

I'm looking for some friends, some encouragement. Id love to find people in my weight range so we can start off together or people who have lost a ton of weight

Some fun stuff

I am a avid crocheter, I like to use my hands to make things, very into Doctor Who and adventure time

I am a subsitute teacher and looking to work for my school districts office as well. I have a BA in history...

No kids, single like a Pringle

Any who hello!

Replies

• BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and you can do it...we'll do it together :)
  • falulu209
    Options
    Aww well thank you!
    I am gonna try my best and gonna learn to stop eating my emotions
    I already gave up soda thats a start
  • immacql8
    immacql8 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi Lulu,im patrice, don't worry, it happens, i did the same thing..i went from235 to 145 n then went. Thru hard times, so im starting again along with you..u can do it hun have faith n set yourself in motion ☺
  • Tetrelle
    Tetrelle Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm fresh back (5 days ago) after several years off due to a long series of depression eating (I gained back 85 lbs :/ ). I have about 140 lbs to lose ;( It's a big journey but I believe we can both do it! I'm on the ketogenic diet so while we may or may not be on the same diet and fitness routine I'd still like to help support you! Sending you an invite :)
  • minimo_80
    minimo_80 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I need to get rid of 100 lbs. We can do this.
  • falulu209
    Options
    Thank you all for being so amazing!
  • CortanaChief
    CortanaChief Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I want to lose around 145lbs and this is my 3rd day on MFP. Feeling really good and positive about it all. We can do this! Feel free to add me. :)
  • Farmerj2000
    Farmerj2000 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    read your profile, you did great before. you got this. seen so many success stories
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    @falulu209 Just a suggestion, but I would also look for friends here who have completed their weight loss goals. Their experiences could be invaluable.
  • Farmerj2000
    Farmerj2000 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    like TheBitSlinger ^^^^^
  • davefh0_0
    davefh0_0 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    hello, I'm trying to lose a 100lbs, I find that the support system helps, add if you would like
  • falulu209
    Options
    well now that is a good idea! Thank you @TheBitSlinger :)
  • Ginrummy101
    Options
    Hi there, fellow whovian throwing out his support. I lost 60 pounds over the last year and if I can do it anyone can. Geronimo
  • WendyZ82
    WendyZ82 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a fellow Whovian and crocheter :) I'm nearing the end of my journey but I've lost 117lbs so far and I'm still working on losing a bit more. Add me if you like.
  • kabfit
    kabfit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You have done the hardest part. Starting. I realized years ago that losing weight wasn't easy for anyone, but there was always someone out there who made it look so easy. We're all working hard at making these life changes, and we all struggle. Your photo shows that you are a beautiful woman, even if you want to lose weight. I have never blogged here before, but we will all support you.
  • nassi1984
    nassi1984 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey there :) I'm a whovian and a crafter too (polymer clay mainly), and have a similar amount to lose with a back-on-the-wagon start weight of about 360lb. I'd love to be friends with you (and anyone else on this thread who'd like to add me) and join you on your journey!
  • rashidababe
    rashidababe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I too have have the same amount to lose. I was down nearly 20lbs as of last months but then I heard the call of the sugar and carbs and lost my focus. We have to just get back on the horse. Feel free to add me