Pain

Options

Replies

• sgm85
    sgm85 Posts: 1
    Options
    Heel Spurs is what I'm experiencing in my left heel and it's very painful

I am in pain myself. I have not actually started exercising because I make excuses. I start and go nope that hurts. Tomorrow is the day. I think any day I start again at this weight it is going to hurt. No more excuses. Something is better than nothing.

Also, the Above Conversation is not beneficial to anybody!

As I agree they are not of use to anybody, I must admit they were kind of hilarious to read.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Reading this thread was painful, should I stop?
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Push through the pain.

Im in pain every day, Heck i cant remember a time my abs didn't hurt trying to squeez out a poop in the last year or so

There is pain and there is pain.

You know whats what and when to stop
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Sydking wrote: »
    Push through the pain.

Im in pain every day, Heck i cant remember a time my abs didn't hurt trying to squeez out a poop in the last year or so

There is pain and there is pain.

You know whats what and when to stop

Once a year? Fiber might help.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

I am in pain myself. I have not actually started exercising because I make excuses. I start and go nope that hurts. Tomorrow is the day. I think any day I start again at this weight it is going to hurt. No more excuses. Something is better than nothing.

Speak for yourself. It was much more entertaining and useful than the original thread premise.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    Thank you OP! Thank you!

Uh...

...what did OP do?

Where did I say anything was done?? Advice was given, I said thank you. ???

You didn't just say "thank you". You used exclamation marks. Those mean something...or at least they used to.

Why, when I was a young boy, we didn't just throw exclamation marks around in a forum thread all willy-nilly (or, for our northern friends, higglety-pigglety) like that. We had a darn good reason when we used them.

"Hey, fellas! Check it out! It appears that Mrs. Johnson has left her shades open once again!"

TL;DR - Please punctuate more responsibly in the future.

Also, get off my lawn.

I was excited about being nice and saying thank you Instead of responding how I typically would in a situation like that so the exclamation points were placed properly. That said, I shall remain on your lawn because I do what I want!

*grumbles*Whippersnappers these days. So easily excitable.*grumbles*

AS LONG AS YOU'RE LOITERING ON MY LAWN, PULL SOME DAMN DANDELIONS OR SOMETHING! YOU CAN'T JUST LIE ABOUT IN THE SUN ALL DAY WITHOUT A CARE IN THE WORLD!

AND GET A JOB!

I have a job, I just figured out a way to make my boss pay me whilst laying on your lawn getting a killer tan. This young whipper snapper has it all figured out. However, if you are nice I will mow the grass but only because I need the extra calories for pizza tonight :wink:

P.S. Why are you all capsing me? Even though I am outside, I prefer that you use your inside voice because yelling will definitely make this sun tanning experience way less relaxing! In fact please go get me some lemonade, I am parched! :wink:

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Thank you OP! Thank you!

Uh...

...what did OP do?

You didn't just say "thank you". You used exclamation marks. Those mean something...or at least they used to.

Why, when I was a young boy, we didn't just throw exclamation marks around in a forum thread all willy-nilly (or, for our northern friends, higglety-pigglety) like that. We had a darn good reason when we used them.

"Hey, fellas! Check it out! It appears that Mrs. Johnson has left her shades open once again!"

Also, get off my lawn.

I was excited about being nice and saying thank you Instead of responding how I typically would in a situation like that so the exclamation points were placed properly. That said, I shall remain on your lawn because I do what I want!

AS LONG AS YOU'RE LOITERING ON MY LAWN, PULL SOME DAMN DANDELIONS OR SOMETHING! YOU CAN'T JUST LIE ABOUT IN THE SUN ALL DAY WITHOUT A CARE IN THE WORLD!

AND GET A JOB!

I have a job, I just figured out a way to make my boss pay me whilst laying on your lawn getting a killer tan. This young whipper snapper has it all figured out. However, if you are nice I will mow the grass but only because I need the extra calories for pizza tonight :wink:

P.S. Why are you all capsing me? Even though I am outside, I prefer that you use your inside voice because yelling will definitely make this sun tanning experience way less relaxing! In fact please go get me some lemonade, I am parched! :wink:

Sorry for the yelling earlier. I lost partial hearing during the war*.

Let's see if I understand our arrangement here. You will continue being paid by someone other than me to sunbathe on my front lawn...and you will mow my yard. In exchange, I am expected to provide pizza and lemonade...and not to yell at you for no reason.

This seems like a reasonable exchange. We have a deal.

TL;DR - You may remain on my lawn.

* The Sound Explosion Car Stereo Battle of Sioux Falls, SD 1987
  • Kiku10
    Kiku10 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Trust me there are different types of pain. If you feel like you pulled something, don't push on!
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Thank you OP! Thank you!

Uh...

...what did OP do?

Also, get off my lawn.

AND GET A JOB!

Let's see if I understand our arrangement here. You will continue being paid by someone other than me to sunbathe on my front lawn...and you will mow my yard. In exchange, I am expected to provide pizza and lemonade...and not to yell at you for no reason.

The way I read it, you're not even on the hook for buying the pizza - just to provide the lemonade.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Thank you OP! Thank you!

Uh...

...what did OP do?

Also, get off my lawn.

AND GET A JOB!

The way I read it, you're not even on the hook for buying the pizza - just to provide the lemonade.

Sweet!

*ahem*

Dear @branflakes1980:

My attorney, @autumnblade75, will be contacting you to finalize our agreement.

I look forward to doing business with you.

Sincerely,
    jof
  • autumnblade75
    Options
    Thank you OP! Thank you!

Uh...

...what did OP do?

Also, get off my lawn.

AND GET A JOB!

Sweet!

*ahem*

Dear @branflakes1980:

Sincerely,
    jof

Dear @jofjltncb6:

I will be happy to accept a referral for @branflakes1980's lawn care services in lieu of my regular fees.

Sincerely,
    Autumblade75

Dear @branflakes1980:

My lawn will also be requiring attention soon. I am afraid the trees will soon be growing leaves and the resultant shade will make the area quite unsuitable for sunbathing. In addition, the fallen leaves result in more work in the form of raking. Notwithstanding your offer to mow grass for lemonade, I wish to make it known that I pay for yard work in beer. This is partly due to the increased workload, and partly an acknowledgement that opportunities for tanning are somewhat rare.

Regards,
    Autumnblade75

• jofjltncb6
    Options
    Thank you OP! Thank you!

Uh...

...what did OP do?

Also, get off my lawn.

AND GET A JOB!

Sweet!

*ahem*

Dear @branflakes1980:

Sincerely,
    jof

Dear @jofjltncb6:

I will be happy to accept a referral for @branflakes1980's lawn care services in lieu of my regular fees.

Sincerely,
    Autumblade75

Dear @branflakes1980:

My lawn will also be requiring attention soon. I am afraid the trees will soon be growing leaves and the resultant shade will make the area quite unsuitable for sunbathing. In addition, the fallen leaves result in more work in the form of raking. Notwithstanding your offer to mow grass for lemonade, I wish to make it known that I pay for yard work in beer. This is partly due to the increased workload, and partly an acknowledgement that opportunities for tanning are somewhat rare.

Regards,
    Autumnblade75

Dear @autumnblade75 :

Beer? What a fascinating currency. Wish I would have thought of that before I settled on lemonade. Regardless...

Might I interest you in an opportunity to utilize my lawn for lounging, loitering, sunbathing, and other uses as are currently popular for whippersnappers such as yourself? Its popularity has been increasing rapidly (perhaps coinciding with my advancing age).

Lemonade is included and pizza is available for a nominal charge.

Yours truly,
    jof
    President and CEO of Jof's Lawn, LLC
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    Thank you OP! Thank you!

Uh...

...what did OP do?

Also, get off my lawn.

AND GET A JOB!

Sweet!

*ahem*

Dear @branflakes1980:

Sincerely,
    jof

Dear @jofjltncb6:

Sincerely,
    Autumblade75

Dear @branflakes1980:

Regards,
    Autumnblade75

Dear @autumnblade75 :

Beer? What a fascinating currency. Wish I would have thought of that before I settled on lemonade. Regardless...

Might I interest you in an opportunity to utilize my lawn for lounging, loitering, sunbathing, and other uses as are currently popular for whippersnappers such as yourself? Its popularity has been increasing rapidly (perhaps coinciding with my advancing age).

Yours truly,
    jof

Wait wait wait. You give people lemonade if they sunbathe on your lawn?

Why was I not aware of this. I love lying around doing nothing and lemonade. Is there a dress code?
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »
    Thank you OP! Thank you!

Uh...

...what did OP do?

Also, get off my lawn.

AND GET A JOB!

Sweet!

*ahem*

Dear @branflakes1980:

Sincerely,
    jof

Dear @jofjltncb6:

Sincerely,
    Autumblade75

Dear @branflakes1980:

Regards,
    Autumnblade75

Dear @autumnblade75 :

Yours truly,
    jof

Wait wait wait. You give people lemonade if they sunbathe on your lawn?

Why was I not aware of this. I love lying around doing nothing and lemonade. Is there a dress code?

(My one true regret in life is that I didn't think of this idea 25 years ago...but back then, young whippersnappers on my lawn wasn't really a thing.)

Anyhow, here's your lemonade. There's an open lounger right over there.

Enjoy your stay.

Jof
    (a subsidiary of Jof's Lawns International, a Global Force for Awesome™)
  • autumnblade75
    Options
    Thank you OP! Thank you!

Uh...

...what did OP do?

Also, get off my lawn.

AND GET A JOB!

Sweet!

*ahem*

Dear @branflakes1980:

Sincerely,
    jof

Dear @jofjltncb6:

Sincerely,
    Autumblade75

Dear @branflakes1980:

Regards,
    Autumnblade75

Dear @autumnblade75 :

Yours truly,
    jof

Dear @jofjltncb6:

I do appreciate your generous offer. I am satisfied with my own lawn for lounging and loitering purposes, as I find that the sun tends to burn my skin rather than tan it. Perhaps I might stop by briefly for lemonade and pizza.

Cordially,
    Autumnblade75
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    if your exercising and your in pain, please listen to your body because you can make it worse

To clarify: You cannot just use any pain as an excuse to stop exercising. If pain is not a usual thing for you, it may indicate something is wrong, and you can check with a doctor to make sure you don't have an injury. If you started an exercise program, you are going to have some pain and just need to work through it. Some of us just live with chronic pain, and we push through it and deal with it.

Also, *you're.

Suck it up, buttercup.
  • autumnblade75
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    if your exercising and your in pain, please listen to your body because you can make it worse

To clarify: You cannot just use any pain as an excuse to stop exercising. If pain is not a usual thing for you, it may indicate something is wrong, and you can check with a doctor to make sure you don't have an injury. If you started an exercise program, you are going to have some pain and just need to work through it. Some of us just live with chronic pain, and we push through it and deal with it.

Also, *you're.

Suck it up, buttercup.

Ah, yes - on topic. Sorry. Discomfort and pain are not the same thing, either. I can't comment on chronic pain, but in general, if exercise causes *pain* you should stop doing whatever it is that makes it hurt. If you are just in *discomfort* you should tell your brain to shut up and let you work.
  • adwilliams03
    adwilliams03 Posts: 147 Member
    Options

My yoga instructors say the same thing. "If you're doing a pose and you're suddenly in pain, STOP." Fortunately yoga always lessens my pain rather than causes it!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Heel spurs need to be addressed. Plantars fasciitis has come back in one of my heels so I've put my supportive inserts back in my shoes. I don't forget to stretch before and after my run, too. Prevention, prevention.
  • tonihunter945
    tonihunter945 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

DopeItUp wrote: »

Speak for yourself. It was much more entertaining and useful than the original thread premise.
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Heel spurs need to be addressed. Plantars fasciitis has come back in one of my heels so I've put my supportive inserts back in my shoes. I don't forget to stretch before and after my run, too. Prevention, prevention.
    jgnatca wrote: »