To-go salads

Options
MLouis1
MLouis1 Posts: 108 Member
Any suggestions of where to get good salad (moderate calories)? I get tired of Wendy's. I do go to Souper Salad sometimes and just get the salad to-go, which is actually a good deal, I think. I add my own dressing.

Replies

• cstevenson86
    cstevenson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Publix where you live? They have fantastic salads there! My favorite is a strawberry, candied pecan & gorgonzola salad...it's around 500 calories and $7.00. Good luck!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Wegmans and Tops have great salads to go in the produce section. Even Wal-Mart carries a nice little selection.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I make my own......spinach + protein + tomatoes + feta + dressing. They make containers that you can put the dressing in a cup and it fits in the lid so it doesn't ruin the salad till lunch time. Cheaper in the long run, and saves gas from driving somewhere....
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    We've recently started getting Salata's, which is essentially chipotle but for salads instead. You walk down a line and tell them what you want (they can also make it into a wrap). It's pretty good.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    I really like the McDonalds Southwest salad with grilled chicken.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I thought this would be a make-your-own to-go salad thread. I was going to suggest a mason jar salad, dressing stored separately.
  • muah3iluvzu06
    muah3iluvzu06 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I really like the salads at Trader Joe's & they have a huge variety of them!