Trying to do better!!

I recently moved to minneapolis and have noticed that i gained some unwanted weight, I hired a trainer but I am horrible at the eating healthier....Someone help me!!

Replies

• never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Have you read the stickies at the top of the nutrition section? That's where I would start....
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    First of all, tracking your calories in MFP is a great way to see the reality of what is in the foods you eat. Try to make small changes. Making huge changes all at once increases the chance that the changes won't stick. Choose to cut out one unhealthy food choice every few weeks (it takes about 20-30 days to make a habit stick), such as soda or another sugary beverage, or a sugary snack. I strongly recommend the book "Eat This, Not That" because it recommends replacement foods for the ones you are eliminating. Your trainer should also be able to help you make good choices. The food and exercise choices you make should be sustainable, or ones you can stick with for life and make part of your regular routine. You don't have to be 100% good all of the time, you can allow yourself to have a treat once and a while. Deprivation is not part of a successful diet plan. Stick around here for good advice and start logging your calories! Good luck!
  • ummnadir
    ummnadir Posts: 48
    good advice from the person above
  • mommasutton3
    mommasutton3 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi. I'm Christina. I'm having trouble with I start a diet and do really good. Then I start to lose weight then fall off the wagon and emotional eat and gain. I noticed when I eat I'm not satisfied like I'm filling a void and it's not working. Any suggestions?
  • Thanks Guys thats really helpful
  • lenamaya
    lenamaya Posts: 2 Member
    i would recommend not cutting any foods out. trust me, it'll never work. just eat the foods you enjoy, but make sure to get the right portion and stick to just that. if you practice moderation, you don't have to go down the path of binging on the "unhealthy" foods, because you won't think of food in such black and whites. i'd look up iifym for more info on what i'm talking about. it'll change your life, trust me.
  • TheSwoleMinister
    TheSwoleMinister Posts: 70 Member
    Yup, portion control is SO important. I still eat cake!! =)